reality

WIN'S POV

'Are we doing a séance or what?'

The soft wheeze from the airconditioning system in the room echoed inside, constantly breaking the silence between us as the circled on us on the floor. I looked over the television and smiled to ease up the mood only to be answered by a strict shake in the head courtesy of JJ; yeah, what a traitor.

I looked over Sammy who was sitting beside AJ and gave him my puppy eyes to be rejected flat almost immediately.

"Stop trying to change the topic." Khao spoke in a loud, strict manner. I straighten my back and slightly nodded my head, sighing.

I feel like I'm in an interrogation room and they are interrogating us for a crime so heinous befitting for a psychological torture. With everyone sitting in a circle, with us – me and Bright – in the middle. Just like a séance. My friends' sharp stares were all targeted at us that even if I try to look away, I could still feel them in my back. "C'mon guys... let's ... you know." I said, putting in a bit of energy to make it look jolly.

But no. I literally could feel my hands tremble.

The beating of my heart was too loud that it muffled everything else but my anxiety boiling in my body. It was supposed to be cold since my aircon was on full blast since this morning but for some unknown reasons I'm feeling extremely hot that I could feel my palms sweating.

If my head was spinning and my eyelids were giving up a roughly thirty minutes ago, then it isn't anymore. I so felt awake that no one would even thought I drank bottles and bottles of soju a few minutes ago.

"So, what's what?"

The tingling feeling I had in my chest as it thumped back and forth gave me a sense of danger when I heard Khao's voice echo down the silent room. I wet my dry lips before glancing over the guy who was sitting next to me and sighed.

Bright seemed to be too unbothered by everything that was happening. He's not even fazed, not an expression from his face. Instead, he looked like sleepy wolf than nervous – a complete opposite from what I'm feeling. I mean, who would think about sleep at this very moment?

FLASHBACK 30 MINUTES AGO

My eyelids were closing sending me to a series of mini-second sleep, only to wake up after. I felt disoriented as my head pulsed. The cause? Probably because of the amount of alcohol – and yogurt – in my body. Damn! I cursed when I got a reply from my head – yeah, an ache.

I turned my head to look at the guy who was standing beside me, both of his hands were kept inside his pockets, and the hood of my grey, cotton jacket were up to his head. It was Bright.

The truth is I've been feeling guilty at what happened today. I did not expect my friends to drop by and the fear of getting busted just rushed to my head and without even thinking, I literally shoved him to the bathroom and told him to stay in there. That was after everything he did.

Bright was literally the first person who took care of me today and all I did was ditch him out. I've been speaking about my confusion for the feelings I have for him, but before I could possibly figure out what this feeling is, I'd probably feel a lot of guilt, fear, and anxiety. So it's better to throw this feeling out the gutter while I still don't know what it is – before it could ruin me and Bright altogether.

I sighed, reaching for my head. Damn this. I hissed, 'Why did I even drink too much?'

I was trying to subtly massage my head when I noticed a white sedan pull over. I pulled my phone from my pocket and walked to where the car parked.