the pursuit

I placed my backpack on the floor; with a chocolate ice cream on my other hand, and the apartment keys on the free hand, I opened the door to my room.

I entered and slowly, the smell of the ice cream seeped inside with me, which made me comfortable for some reasons. I stopped enjoying the aroma though and turned the air humidifier on before heading straight to the kitchen. Slowly, I ate my ice cream while checking the fridge for a 'possible dinner'. The reason I'm cooking tonight is because I was beginning to hate take-out foods; I've been eating them quite often.

"It is eggs for tonight." I smiled when I saw the tray of eggs in the refrigerator. I finally decided to take a big bite on my ice cream, gobbling it whole – throwing the popsicle to the trash can together with the bento boxes I ordered this morning.

I took my uniform off and hanged it on the cabinet, same with my pants – leaving my comfortable boxers behind, before heading straight to the kitchen. I wore my apron and pre-heated the pan in the stove before washing the eggs. I also prepared some left over sticky rice in the rice cooker and heated it for a few minutes.

I combined the eggs together and whisked them before adding a sprinkle of salt. When I was sure that the pan was ready, I poured a small amount of olive oil in and slowly poured my whisked egg in the pan – carefully making it into an omelette. I lowered the temperature and when the eggs started to get solid form, I flipped it to the other side and added the sticky rice inside. I added strips of bacon, leeks, ringed onions, and some additional salt before flipping the other side of the egg, closing it in the process.

I turned the fire off and took the pan out of the stove. As soon as it arrived in the table, I started the plating. I decorated the food with banana ketchup (to be sweeter) and placed a rosemary leaf on the side. And my 'omurice' is done.

I sat down the counter and started taking pictures of my omurice before eating it. It's not for bragging though, or for posting. I just want to post photos of the things I cook in my 'secret blog'. It's not publicized ... and nobody knows that I'm the owner. I just want to express myself freely there.

Ever since I was a kid, I already liked eating omurice. Omurice was a food I learned making by watching anime for a long time – I'm actually proud of it. I even served some to my parents and close friends and so far haven't gotten a single negative comment about it. I'm also proud to call myself 'home-grown' – and I eat everything that is served in my plate.

BrrrrBrrr

I turned to my phone. I pulled a tissue from the roll and wiped my fingers before answering the call – I also clicked the loudspeaker, so I can eat while listening.

"Hello?" I inaudibly said. I still have food left on my mouth. I know it's not respectful but it was just some of my friends, I'm sure they'd let it go.

[Man, AJ said he's going to go to a club tonight, you wanna come?]

I sighed. Another boy's night out? I thought to myself.

"Sorry, JJ. I actually have plans tonight." I lied. Actually, I'm just tired to today's happenings and just want to go cuddle with my pillows.

[Are you sure? I invited Khao and Pluem and they said yes.]

I nodded together with my reply: "I'm fine. Just don't get yourselves so drunk that you will call me in the middle of the night." I scoffed. They do.

I heard JJ laugh at the other line, [Yes, ma.] they just replied and ended the call.

I let out a smile before shaking my head on how unbelievable my friends are. Yes, that's just how they are. The type of students who would drink even it's a weekday.