first (?) meeting

I adjusted my glasses while trying to paint the view in front of me – the football field. It was a day before the deadline of my class project and now, I am in a hurry to finish it off.

This isn't my major – actually. I'm from the Faculty of Economics but since I got lost in picking subjects during enrollment, I did not have a choice but to choose painting as one of my electives – since all electives are then full. It's not like I hate painting, I hate that it needed to be this way.

I sighed and looked at the group of girls that are making me sigh the way I did.

There's a game happening in the field right now. It's the Faculty of Laws and Faculty of Engineering – and take note, it is just a practice game, yet almost all the girls from every faculty came to cheer and to make some noise. Guess who's the reason for all of the commotion?

Vachirawit Chiva-aree, or known as Bright.

We're in the same age but he rose up as the ace player of the Faculty of Laws after he showed an exemplary performance in their practice match which brought the first year team to victory against their seniors. Of course, since it has always been everybody's dream to date a football player – his popularity sky rocketed since. And now we've all come to this...

"Win, what are you doing here?" I turned to the girl who patted my back and asked me why I was in the bleachers staring at the football game, with my canvass in my lap. I can swear, what I am doing is damn obvious.

"Playing computer games, probably?" I sarcastically replied which made her roll her eyes and sigh. "I'm painting. But how can I paint when..." I was cut off by the screams of the girls when Bright stole the ball from an Engineering senior.

"P'Bright is so cool~" she gasped and turned her dreamy mode on while looking at the guy who just scored a goal against the champions.

"Why are you calling him P?" I clicked my tongue and went back to drawing the field.

I forgot... Sammy, the girl I was talking too, is basically a sucker for good looking guys. Of course... of course. But seriously though how can I finish my job when all I can hear – even with my earphones on – are loud cheering?

"Why didn't you finish that when you had the time?" Sammy finally woke up from her dreamy mode. She sat beside me, her eyes still fixed on the game in the field. "Because you tend to procrastinate, that's why."

I sighed.

Well, Sammy's not wrong.

"By the way, JJ and Khao were looking for you. They said they have something to tell you." I heard Sammy said. Right, I forgot that I basically have a responsibility for my abnormal friends – in case they do something bad. I do not know but it seemed like I'm the only normal in this gang – everyone seemed to be abnormal.

"I'll call them later, I'll just finish this sketch so I can pass something tomorrow." I said and went on scribbling.

Some of my friends actually tried telling me to paint a tree or something easier – the ocean perhaps. But I chose not to. I think the perfect view for me to paint is the football field. Football field represents the dreams and hobbies of all Thai men and I'm no different.

The football field seemed too vast. It represents my dream. I feel like I could drown in it and I'd still be enjoying my time swimming. That probably is the reason why I also joined the university cheer team even though I'm very sensitive with the sun because of my pale complexion. I just want to see the field, the goals on each side, the ball. I also want to hear the grass as the players run from one corner to the other, the sound when their skin made contact, the screams in every goal and even the cracks of the players' bones breaking.

"Win, your hands stopped moving." I heard Sammy say. I turned to her and she was already raising her eyebrow looking at my canvass. "Faster, I'm waiting for you!"

I stretched my arms and yawned. The sky has become red and the girls finally went home, the football field has once again back to being a tranquil, silent place. The football game finished 30 minutes ago with Bright's team as winners in a score of 3-2. The girls ran to their idol so the field has become silent now.

I brushed the last stroke to the canvass and I smiled.

"Oh, you're done?" I turned to Sammy who was still looking at the canvass I was working on. "Woho! It's good!" Sammy snatched the canvass and carefully examined it.

"That's nothing really." I forced myself not to smile with the compliment. "I wanted to take this elective seriously."

"Oho! Our baby Win is finally growing up." She said ruffling my hair before standing up with my Canvass, "What are you waiting for? Let's go!"

"Aw." I just said before following her to the exit of the bleachers.

"I want to eat noodles, let's call JJ." Sammy complained. We were walking down the stairs, with Sammy being the one in the lead. She was literally looking back while walking in the stairs.

"Seriously Sammy, careful!" I sighed and said. "You still have my project and..." I tried to turn her to face front, "... it's dangerous!"

"Don't worry ... it's going to be ...AHHHHH!"

It feels like the movies. That scene when the main lead bumps with someone in the hallway. My project literally flew on the air, with our squeals on a slow motion. The painting literally went flying in the air, the very painting I invested sweat on. And guess who was the guy who Sammy bumped with?

"P'Bright!"

"Win." I just heard him say before the painting went flying to a pole, poking a hole on it in the process.