if I fall

I pulled out my glasses and my face mask inside my backpack, immediately wearing it over my face before pushing my push-cart; with the list of things in my hand, I went through the cleaning section of the department store, looking over the stuffs in the shelves.

It was actually one of the specific three days in my calendar designated as the grocery days. As the name suggests, these days are the time I go and get some supplies.

I say three days but these days, I really feel like it's not the case. I've been messing my daily routine to the point of even finding myself dropping by the convenience store down across the station every now and then – something I rarely do, except if I want to buy some desserts like ice cream and stuffs. This can just be me growing from the routine I created for myself but I really, honestly blame my friends for coming over often and most importantly, that big bear who comes over to eat almost everything.

A football player's appetite isn't a joke. I feel like I'm raising a son on my own.

Ah, there it is. I nodded my head and pulled out a bag of detergent from the shelf, then throwing it inside my push cart before moving onto the next thing on my list: eggs.

But seriously, I may sound like I'm complaining, but I'm certainly not. As a matter of fact, for people like me – this routine is rather enjoyable and I really do like going to the grocery store. Somehow, just walking around while pushing the push-carts is way much better than drinking beers and playing around with girls. It gives me the peace of mind I needed the most. It feels relaxing and soothing at the same time.

However, this time it's different; and I have all the right to sigh.

The only thing that's making me sigh like there's no tomorrow is the fact that – right now, I don't feel the same kind of relaxation at all. In fact, the discomfort I feel right now is over the roofs that I even have to wear a mask today.

The reason: There's a guy in his football uniform literally following me around.

And how did we even get to this point? Well...

A few hours ago.

"We are having dinner together, right?" Sammy said, packing her things inside her bag – prioritizing her make-up, of course. "I'm thinking... hmmm... shabu?" she went on turning to us who were also packing our things.

"I don't mind." Khao said after keeping his laptop in. "How about you Win?"

I raised my head, sighing. "I think I'll pass." I just said, wearing my bag straps into my shoulders. "I don't have anything to eat in my place so I got to run by the department store later."

"You're buying supplies?" I turned to Sammy, giving her a slight nod.

"Yeah. Do you even know how many times you raided my place already?" I sighed. "My ref's crying, man."

Sammy just burst into loud crackles.

I just rolled my eyes and forcefully sighed, shoving my empty wallet to my back pocket. "I got to run." I just said before walking off.

"Hey, do you want us to come with?" I heard.

I raised my hand, waving back to them. "No need." I raised my voice, enough for the guys to hear. "You'll just end up letting me pay for things you want to buy."