reasons and one heck of a surprise

The whole afternoon already passed and I am still here looking sheepishly at the sandwich Bright gave. I can still remember Bright's bashful, shy face when he gave me the sandwich I have in my hand. So that guy can make that expression too? I chuckled when his face flashed in my memories. Cute.

"Win!!" I saw Sammy running to my direction from a distance. I was in the staircase on the entrance of the faculty waiting for Bright, but as per usual someone else came. I kept the sandwich inside my bag and stood up. "Good thing I saw you here." she finally said, panting.

"What's the matter?" I asked her, "Are you okay?" She waved his hand before gasping for breath. I rubbed her back, smiling silly. I mean, she certainly doesn't have to run, it's not like I will be running away from her.

She finally calmed down after sitting and almost lying on the ground - which I successfully prevented. "So, what's the matter?" I asked again after she could breath fine.

"I... pant... I came to ask for a copy of the assignment ... pant ... for tomorrow." she finally was able to say, "I lost my copy and you're the only person I can rely to right now." she held my hand and posed her puppy eye in front of my face.

I sighed and rummaged through my things. I actually know what she was talking about; it was an assignment in one of our accounting classes. I already finished that assignment and it's quite easy. "Are you going to copy in here?"

She shook her head and grabbed her phone from her pockets and took tons of photos with my notebook.

"Win." both of us turned to the person standing in the bottom steps calling for my name.

"P'BRIGHT!" I covered my ears when I realized that it was originally the person I was waiting for, but it was too late. Apparently, it was Sammy who turned first. "What are you doing here?"

I immediately brought my pointing finger in between my lips.

"I... I have business in ..." I grinned at Bright, encouraging him to try harder, while laughing at least. "... inside." he finally said.

"Really? Where do you need to go? Do you want me to take you on tour?" Sammy said, slowly creeping near to Bright, which obviously pushed him to take a step back.

"There's no need." he said, back to his old, mysterious tone before walking passed us going straight inside the faculty. It didn't even take long when we heard everyone's screams inside - it's like a murder was going on.

"He's really good looking." Sammy is at it again; and she was even hyperventilating a while ago, now she's turned into a different person.

"Sammy, he's still a student. He's no different from us, you know." I chuckled.

Sammy turned to me and sighed, "Ah, men really do not understand women's fantasies, do you?" she pouted, "Women live for young, good-looking guys, you know. We just can't resist shipping them with one another, or shipping them with ourselves." she dreamily said; she was so immersed in her explanation that she even enacted everything, before getting giddy, going back to her daydream - about boys.

But Bright's reason for coming is perhaps because I told him to and not because he had some business inside.

"It should be nice being friends with him." Sammy said grabbing my wrist, which startled the hell out of my soul. "But nah~" she said intending to walk away.

I pulled my wrist, together with her. She turned to me, confused. "I... I can't go yet." I said, crossing my fingers inside my pockets.

"Why?" she asked again, "Aren't we going to eat dinner together?"