Chapter 6

Y/N

The next few days consisted of me and nat sitting outside a building for hours on end. Our suspect never seemed to leave the house. I tried to convince nat we should go and engage but she said it was to risky.

Today, we were sat in the range rover eating our crisps and playing would you rather. As we have been spending a lot of our time together we have gotten more comfortable with each other. Still making fun of each other here and there. I liked Natasha's company though. She may not talk much or be totally honest but it was fine. When neither of us spoke, it wasn't an awkward silence, it was actually quite nice.

"Okay, would you rather fuck steve or tony?" I ask nat who rolls her eyes.

"That's a stupid question, ask me another." is all she replies with.

"Steve? Really?" I accidentally read natasha's mind, I haven't fully controlled this power yet so sometimes I can't help it.

"Hey! I said to stop doing that." Nat turns to look out her window.

"Sorry, sometimes i can't help it." I tell her honestly but get no reply. I had invaded her privacy which she hated. Meaning i've pushed her further away, just as I was breaking through her walls.

In a way, Natasha and I were similar. We both had people controlling us and forcing us to do awful things we didn't want any part in. We had both been forced to be someone we are not and don't want to be. Yes, natasha definitely had it worse from what I have heard about her time in the red room, but i've been through something similar and less extreme. This helped us understand each other a bit more and helped me slowly get closer to her. However, right now, I knew I had definitely made her trust me less.

"Our suspect is moving" Natasha sits up and speak to me for the first time in almost an hour.

"What's he doing?" I ask as Natasha looks through her binoculars.

"He's picked something up... Now he's leaving! Get ready to engage!" Natasha and I get out the car and take cover round the corner of the building, waiting for the man to come round the corner.

I could hear footsteps getting closer and prepared myself. Our goal was to find out who the supplier of these crazy weapons, this man has been caught using ,was.

As he turned the corner, Natasha instantly tackled the man to the ground, an easy fight that she won.

"Tell me who your supplier is!" Natasha demanded.

"I don't know what you're on about." The man smirked at us.

"Don't lie. We know what weapons you own. So tell us who you bought them off." I spit at the man on the ground.

"What weapons?" the man questions, he was the worst liar ever.

"Don't play dumb. You know what we are talking about." Natasha puts pressure on the mans chest using her foot.

"I'm-not t-telling you" he tried to get out his words.

"Listen here. This woman next to me has telekinesis and can shoot lasers through her hands. If you don't want to tell us what you know, then so be it. It will be your head that gets blown off not ours." Natasha shrugs releasing her foot off the man.

"Is that meant to intimidate me? That was pure bullshit! No one can do that!" The man replied in disbelief.

"Oh yeah?" Natasha sarcastically said.

"Yeah." He gets up and straightens himself out.

"If you say so." Natasha steps aside and gives me a look. Telling me to warn the man.

I use my telekinesis to lift the man into the air and make my other hand glow, warning him that natasha was not lying.

"Shit. Okay, okay! I'll tell you." I place the man back on the ground.

"Code red!" is all he shouts before ducking. I feel something shoot into my stomach making me fall back in pain. It was the worst thing I had felt in my life.

Natasha was quick to react though. She kicked the man who was crouched down in front of her, knocking him out. She then ran up the stairs of the building to the room our suspect came out of. I heard a lot of shouting and noises. I wanted to help but I couldn't stand. I was sat in a pool of my own blood, the pain was rushing through my body and I was finding it hard not to pass out. It hurt like hell, I tried my best to fight it, but it was no use. My vision was going blurry and i was struggling to sit up right.

Not long after, I could slightly hear nat coming out out of the building saying something into the radio we had, then ran over to me.

"Y/n. Come on, stay with me." she put pressure onto my wound to stop anymore blood from coming out.

"Nat... it hurts i- i can't" I was trying my hardest to fight against it.

"Yes. You can. Keep your eyes open. SHIELD are on there way to pick these guys up and they are bringing an ambulance." Natasha tapped my face to keep me focused.

SHEILD eventually arrived and cuffed the two guys. They instantly put me into the back of an ambulance, natasha sat beside me. That's when I passed out.

Natasha

I felt helpless. I tried my best to keep y/n awake but it was no use. Luckily, the ambulance came in time and took her in. I decided to sit in the back with her as I was kind of worried. But not long into the car ride to the hospital, y/n passed out. One of the nurses gave me a tissue to wipe my bloody hand from y/n. I felt awful. It was my fault. If I was more focused I could have prevented something like this to happen.

On the way, I informed everyone what had happened and they all met me and y/n at the hospital. I sat beside y/n, waiting for them to arrive. Tears threatened to leave my eyes bought I fought against them. It was stupid to cry at something like this. Y/n and I aren't even that close so why was i being like this?

Around 20 minutes later, Peter burst through the door instantly running over to y/n. The moment he saw his big sister, tears fell down his face. Steve and Tony followed in after, their faces looking sad as they saw y/n lying in the hospital bed.

"Is she okay?" Peter asked me, taking y/n's hand.

"The doctor managed to get the bullet out of her. Luckily it didn't go all the way through her body or it would have been much worse. They put stitches on it and said that she needs to rest and wake up in her own time, however long that may be" I try keep a straight face and stay calm. I wanted to apologise to peter and everyone for letting them all down but i didn't want to show my emotions.

"God. Please wake up y/n." Peter mumbled.

Steve and Tony sat down on the sofa in the room.

"So what exactly happened?" Tony asked. I explained our whole mission in detail.

"It wasn't your fault natasha." Steve tried to assure me. But it was. I looked at y/n not saying a word.

"Unfortunately, we need to run a few more tests. So i'm going to have to ask you guys to leave. We'll contact you with more information as soon as possible" the doctor that was helping y/n, entered the room.

"Yeah, sure" Steve bowed his head as he walked past y/n's bed.

"Come on, kid." Tony helped peter out the hospital room and I followed.

(A/N) Omg! Are any of you that watched the new episode wandavision yesterday as shocked as i was? 🤯 It sent me on an emotional roller coaster jheee.