Part 2 | Chapter 5

Natasha

Y/n and I walked to our room, both not saying a word. I knew what she was thinking about the accords and I knew she didn't agree with me but we knew we had to talk about it.

When we got the our room, I close the door behind us as y/n falls onto our bed. I take a seat next to her and we both sit in silence, unsure on how to begin.

"So, you think we should sign the accords?" Y/n asks a hint of disappointment in her voice.

"I think that is what would be best for the team, yes" I reply honestly. Y/n breaks eye contact with me and stares at her hands.

"So you think we should hand ourselves over to the United Nations panel and let them control us?" She asks me another question, already knowing my answer.

"They won't necessarily be controlling us, I just think it's the right thing to do. If we sign the accords then anything that happens, the government and the united nations get the blame instead of us. We earn their trust back, and the world sees us as hero's." I explain to my girlfriend who still doesn't look directly at me.

"If we sign the accords they will be able to stop us from helping in important situations or may send us on missions that are completely pointless. We won't be able to do certain things, use certain resources. I'm pretty sure that's controlling. I would have thought you, of all people, would want your own freedom. We have both spent years having our decisions made for us. You don't want to change that?" Y/n looks up at me and i look into her beautiful eyes, I wanted us to both agree on this so badly.

"Look, we have both done terrible things in the past, more than anyone on the team. If we sign the accords it could help us get rid of all the red on our ledger and start fresh. It would help the world see us do good." I try to convince her, knowing she wants people to understand she can help.

"I don't care if people see us as hero's. If there was a dangerous threat to the world, and we knew we had to go help, but the panel won't let us, what are we meant to do? Signing the accords restricts us from doing the best we can to help the world." Y/n explains, raising her voice slightly.

"Signing the accords will help us be better situated during missions. If we don't sign, then there is a chance they can shut the avengers down completely. Having an environment were the panel and the world trusts us, could help stop a lot more threats." I tell her.

"I can't sign those accords nat. I really can't." Y/n looks at me, a sorry look in her eyes.

"Just think about it for me?" I ask her hoping she would eventually come around. However, both of us were just as stubborn as the other, so it would be a miracle if she changed her mind.

"I can think about it but i don't think i'll change my mind" She shrugs and i roll my eyes at her stubbornness.

I sigh as y/n changes into some comfy clothes.

"I'm going to see wanda, see how she's doing." she told me giving a small smile.

"I've got some files to sort anyway." I mumble.

"I'll um see you later then." She nods her head and leaves the room.

We didn't speak to each other for the rest of the day. Both scared we were going to get into another argument. We never really argued so it was also weird for the team to see us like this.

Y/N

After two days full of lots of thinking and arguments within the team, the day of signing the accords arrived. I knew that I wasn't going to be able to sign the accords and wasn't comfortable with going to vienna, so i helped natasha pack her bags.