Part 3 | Chapter 16

(A/N) So I basically tested positive for covid and have been feeling really ill sooooo i haven't really been up for writing the next chapter but i needed to give you something so here is some cute Natasha :)

————————————————————

Natasha

I have no idea why I agreed to look after this child. It's not that I don't like being around children, I just don't know what to do with them. They can't do anything at all. However, y/n needed my help, and I wanted to make things right with her.

"Right, we have to go. Have fun you two." Steve announced as he got up and Bucky followed.

Lily hugged them and said goodbye. She sat on the couch opposite me and just stared at me.

"What do you wanna do?" I ask the child and she looks at the floor, thinking.

"I don't know." She shrugs, and places her hands on her lap.

"Do you want to play?" I ask and she shakes her head.

"I don't have toys silly." Lily laughs.

"Oh right, do you wanna go to the gym?" I ask unsure if kids her age can do that.

"I'm a little bit to small." Lily giggles at my stupidity.

"Yeah, of course you are." I sigh unsure of what else we could do.

"How about, you play with this," I passed her steve's ipad that was on the side table.

"And i'll see what we can do." I smiled and she nodded happily, instantly taking the ipad out my hands.

I whipped out my phone and texted Wanda, she was great with kids and always knew what to do.

Natasha: Hey, I know you're busy but do you have any idea what I could do with Lily? She doesn't have any toys and is too small for the gym, any ideas?

I sent the message and read some emails as I waited for a reply which i got almost instantly.

Wanda: You really thought about taking a child to the gym? Omg, lmao. Why don't you make cookies with her and watch a movie, they are both easy things to do and i bet she'll love it.

Natasha: I'm not good at cooking but i'll try. Thanks :)

I thanked wanda for the idea and put my phone away, grabbing Lily's attention.

"So, how about we go make cookies and then watch a film?" I ask her and she jumps up excitedly.

I stood up from the couch and went to take her hand but she zoomed out the room, a green trail following her.

"Right, forgot about that..." I muttered under my breath.

"Lily!" I shouted walking into the kitchen, where i saw her sat patiently at the breakfast bar.

"You're too slow." She giggled and pointed at me.

"Let's get baking." I clapped my hands together and we got everything we needed.

Lily decided that they were going to be chocolate chip cookies because apparently they were the best, well she's not wrong. Once we made the dough we got out the flour and rolling pins to shape them.

"We should do hearts for Steve and Y/n and Wanda." Lily suggested as she began to roll some dough.

"Oh that's a good idea, i'll see if we have a heart shaped cutter." I smiled. I suspected Thor left his different shaped cookie cutters here from when he was last here and him and Y/n made cookies.

"Here" I passed her the cutter and she giggled, cutting the dough.

After we got through about half the batch, Lily began to struggle.

"I need more flower," She announced presenting her sticky fingers.

"Here, let me-" I went the grab the flour but so did Lily. As we both grabbed it at the same time, the flour went all over us and the kitchen.

"Uh oh." Lily laughed.

"We've made a big mess." I added looking around.

"No you did." Lily pointed at me.

"Me?!? I'm not the one with sticky fingers and flour all on my hair." I picked her up and place her on the counter.

"Well, you have a little in your hair as well." She scrunched her nose as I wiped her cheeks and mouth clean.

"Well, i'm an adult, so my mess doesn't count." I tease.

"That's not fair!" She laughed and wiped some flower off her top and onto my face. I pulled a shocked expression which she fell into a fit of laughter at.

"Oh you find that funny do you?" I replied taking a handle full of flour. She noticed what i was doing and jumped off the counter.

"No! No, I was joking!" She laughed as I chased her around the kitchen island. I managed to catch up with her and stuffed the flour onto her face. Lily wiped it off her face and laughed.

"Come on, let's put them in the oven." I said as I wiped her face clean again.

Once we put them in the oven, we went to mine and y/n's floor to clean ourselves up then went back to the lounge to watch a movie.

"So, what are we watching?" I ask as we sit down.
To my surprise, Lily comes and sits next to me, cuddling up to my side like y/n does, except she was a lot smaller.

"Harry Potter." She beamed, she was a lot like y/n.

"Harry potter it is." I nod and put on the first film.

About half way through, I could tell Lily was getting tired.

"Nat" She mumbled, so I paused the film.

"Yeah?" I ask looking down at her.

"Am I an orphan like Harry?" She looked up at me.

"Uh, well..." I paused, not really sure how to answer.

"I don't have a family. So I am aren't i?" She questions and I shake my head.

"No, you not. You know why?" I turn her round so she's sat on my lap. Lily shook her head and fiddled with her fingers, I took her hands which made her look at me.

"Because you have us. You have Steve, Wanda, y/n, tony, Clint, Bucky, everyone. Including me. We may not be you're parents but we can all look after you and be there for you. And i'm sure you'll become good friends with y/n's little brother peter and everyone on the team." I smile as a smile forms on her face.

"Do you think they like me?" She asks.

"No, I know they like you. In fact they don't like you, they love you. They love hanging out with you." I assure her.

"Really?" Lily asks and I nod my head.

"Really." I reply and she lays back down.

"I love you guys too." She mumbles and I press play on the film.

As the end of the movie arrived, I began to hear snoring from Lily.

"Lily?" I whisper but get no answer. I grab the blanket from the back of the couch and wrap it around us.

I decide to turn of the movie and we both end up sleeping on the sofa.

(A/N) Can I also just say that because I have covid I can't see the Black Widow film for a while, yes i know it's on disney plus but it's for quite a bit of money so im waiting to go to the cinema. So I beg of you all, please DO NOT put any spoilers in any of my books or on my page. For mine and yours benefit.

Thank you :)