Part 3 | Chapter 13

Natasha

I decided not to chase after her. She needed time, right? I was going to find y/n today and talk to her but after hours of searching she wasn't here. Tony said she went out and apparently didn't know where, which I doubt, but I left it alone.

I was in the gym training with steve when Friday interrupted us.

"Miss Romanoff, Captain Rogers, there seems to be some sort of commotion coming from the ground floor." the AI informed us. Steve and I shared a confused look and got into the elevator to the ground floor.

"Back up! Back up! Back up!" I heard Happy shouting at a few agents.

"Happy, what the hell is going on?" I question as we approach him. He steps to the side, revealing a small girl. She looked so fragile, bags under her eyes and looked very frightened.

"Who's the kid?" Steve asks.

"No idea. One of the agents said she walked in here and when he told her she couldn't be here she screamed." Happy scratched the back of his head.

Steve walked up to the small girl and I followed slowly behind him.

"Hey" he smiled crouching down in front of her.

"Are you okay?" He asked as Happy made everyone leave the entrance room and go back to work.

"Steve..." I begin when I notice something about her.

"Hang on." He put his hand out to me.

"No, steve. That's y/n's suit jacket." I point to the jacket that the girl is wearing.

"How did she-" But I cut him off, crouching down in front of her.

"Hey kid, where'd you get this" I lightly tug on the jacket and she pulls it out of my grip closer to her.

"It's okay, i won't hurt you, did a girl called y/n give you this?" I ask the shy child and she nods her head.

"I need Mr Stark." She mumbles. Steve nods at me before getting up to find Tony. I knew that he knew where Y/n was.

"Come over here." I reach my hand out to the girl which she takes and bring her over to the seating area. She was too small to get up so i lifted her up carefully and watched her swinging her feet back and forth.

I didn't know what to say to her. I wasn't very good with children and didn't like them much, so we sat there in silence until Steve and Tony arrived.

"Hey kid." Tony smiled warmly at the girl.

"This is Mr Stark." Steve told the girl who just stared at Tony, as if trying to understand if he was good or bad.

"So you know y/n, huh?" Tony sits beside her and she nods her head.

"Where did you meet y/n?" He asks her and she pulls Y/n's jacket to cover half her face, she was very shy and didn't seem to trust us much.

"It's okay, we won't do anything to you, we just need you to tell us what happened with you and y/n." Tony assured her and she slowly pulled the jacket down.

"At the bad guys building." She whispered.

"Ah, i see. What were you doing there?" Tony asks softly.

"Th-they trapped me." She mumbled.

"Were they mean to you?" He asks and she nods.

"They hurt me and didn't let me eat." She explains, growing more comfortable around us.

"Well that won't happen anymore, okay? You are safe here." Tony smiles.

"That's what y/n said." She smiles back .

"So how did you meet y/n, at the bad guys place?" Steve questions getting impatient.

"They told her to kill me. But she didn't, only stunned me just here." She pointed to her shoulder that was slightly red.

"Then she told me to pretend to be dead, the bad guys thought it was real so she took me to the forest and told me to come here and look for you." She explains.

"She said you guys would help me." The girls mumbles.

"She was right, we will help you." Steve smiles at her.

"So what's your name?" I ask and she looks up at me.

"Lily." She smiles.

"Well, Lily, call me tony, that's steve, and she is Nat." Tony introduces us.

"You're captain america." She points to steve who smiles down at her.

"How old are you lily?" Tony asks her another question.

"8!" She replies holding up four fingers on each hand.

"Why don't you follow steve upstairs, get you washed and changed and get something to eat." Tony suggests and Lily nods frantically.

"Some clothes are upstairs that might fit her, ask Friday. And i'm sure wanda would love to help if you need it." Tony informs steve who nods and reaches his hand out to Lily. She takes his hand and I chuckle a bit at the size difference between them and the way steve has to bend down a little.

"So you did know where y/n was." I turn to Tony who was avoiding my gaze.

"I may have had an idea." He scratches the back of his head.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I question annoyed.

"Because she doesn't want anyone involved remember." He rolls his eyes.

"Whatever, tell me when she's back." I reply and walk over to the elevator back upstairs.

Y/N

I drove as fast as i could to the compound, i suspect everyone will be very confused when a child appears out of nowhere, wearing my jacket.

I pulled up into her garage and instantly got bombarded by Tony and Natasha.

"The hell we're you?" Natasha questions as I get out.

"Had to do some business." I reply before walking past them both.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She asks another question.

"Didn't think you'd be interested." I shrug.

"Didn't think i'd be interested? I want you to be safe!" She almost shouts.

"I know, you've mentioned." I reply calmly and she walks off. Tony approaches me after she leaves.

"Part of the plan was not sending a child here." he jokes.

"How is she?" I ask and he leads me to the main lounge.

I walk in to see Steve and Wanda sat either side of Lily on one couch, and vision, sam and bucky on the opposite coach.

"That's my jacket!" I laugh as everyone turns round to see me. Lilly laughs and waves at me. I walk over to them and crouch down in front of her.

"So, how you doing?"