Chapter 7

Natasha

It had now been just over 72 hours since the mission incident. I had tried to spend as much time in the hospital as I could, as I felt like i owe it to y/n. She hadn't woken up yet which crushed peter. He had explained to their Aunt what had happened as well and she had visited a few times.

I sat in the chair beside y/n's bed and watched as she laid their. Her eyes closed, her face slightly bruised from the fall after getting shot, the bandage that wrapped around her body, all of this and she was still extremely pretty. I couldn't help feeling guilty for causing this. She had only just started the team and I had ruined it.

"I'm so sorry." I whisper, knowing she probably won't hear me, which was good because I never apologise.

I feel a tear fall down my cheek and I instantly wipe it away. I was mad at myself for showing emotion at something this stupid. This girl in front of me was doing stuff to me, making me feel things I have never felt before and I hated it. I had tried so hard to keep my emotions and feelings deep inside me and she was starting to pull them out.

I stared at the beautiful girl, holding her hand. Every time i looked at her, I would get this weird feeling in my stomach. I hated it, it was showing I was getting weak. Trapped in my thoughts, I had only just managed to notice that y/n's hand was starting to move in mine. I instantly pull away scared she might see me in this state.

"Y/n?" I say her name quietly, unsure if she was waking.

"Nat?" her raspy voice whispered as her eyes started to open.

"Yeah, it's me, are you okay?" I help her as she tries to sit up.

"Gosh... What the hell happened?" she rubbed her eyes and stared at her stomach that was covered in bandages.

"Um, when we were on the stake out mission you got shot... you don't remember?" I carefully explain to her, not sure what her reaction would be.

"No, the last thing I remember was us sitting in the range rover playing would you rather and i accidentally read your mind." She told me and I grabbed her a glass of water.

"Do you wanna know everything that happened?" I ask her, not knowing if she would want to know.

"Yeah, please. God no, can't do that." I give her a small smile at her last words as she tries to down the glass of water i gave her.

I explained everything that happened on that mission and she had thanked me at the end?

"Why are you saying thank you? It is my fault your here." I frown at her.

"No, if it weren't for you I probably wouldn't be alive right now." she tries to tell me but I shake my head.

"No. If i was quicker to realise what was going to happen none of this would have happened." I begin pacing round the room, trying to push the feeling of guilt and sadness away. I didn't enjoy being like this in front of anyone.

"Don't do that to yourself nat." she told me but I ignored her. Clearly she saw I didn't want to talk about it because she changed the conversation.

"How long was I out for?"

"About three days." I sit back down next to her.

"What's peter like?" I could tell she was concerned for her little brother.

"He was upset when he first saw you, but i think Tony and Steve have explained to him and convinced him that you'll be alright." I reassure her.

"Oh god, Tony and Steve saw me like this?" she whines.