Part 2 | Chapter 8

Y/N

I sat in the office with eating some food as I haven't eaten in ages. I had barely spoken since I got here. At first, I was pacing around the room, I couldn't sit still. Natasha and I hadn't had a proper conversation and I was nervous, also angry. If T'Challa didn't try take Bucky then we wouldn't be here right now.

I continued to stuff my face with the food from the vending machine. I hadn't cleaned my cut yet so I had blood dripping down my face an arms. Steve left the room, probably to get food or drink, so Nat took the chance to come speak to me. I could tell she was nervous.

"Hey." She mumbled as she took a seat next to me. I didn't reply, instead I pretended like I was still eating.

"That cut is quite bad, can I look at it?" I nod my head as she walks over to the medical kit in the corner of the room and comes back to me. She kneels in front of me and begins cleaning my cut.

"Even covered in blood, you still look good." She tries to lighten the mood so I give her a small smile.

"Are you mad at me?" I ask, looking up at her.

"No. It's your decision on what you want to do, wether it's a good or terrible decision. All I can do is sit here and be worried. Not mad." She simply replies.

"How are you? Since the explosion." I look her up and down looking for any cuts and scratches.

"I'm fine. I managed to protect myself. Nothing I haven't dealt with before." Nat shrugs.

"This is going to need stitches." She adds on, grabbing more things from the kit.

"Tasha, I'm fine." I try move her hand away but she hits my hand. We both look into each others eyes, smiling with each other since what felt like forever.

"Please, don't do anything stupid like that again." She sits in the chair next to me and begins stitching up my cut.

"Can't make any promises." I smile at her. No matter what was happening she always found a way to make me forget everything but us.

When she finished sorting me out, we sat in a comfortable silence.

"I love you, nat." I look over at my girlfriend who smiles at me. Normally, I wouldn't show much affection in public, but luckily no one could hear us.

"I love you, too." She pushed her chair closer to mine and pushed a strand of hair behind my ear. Then I felt her lips on mine. It was never like us to do something like this in front of others. I wanted to melt into her, kiss her and hold her like our life depended on it. But we soon got interrupted by steve walking back in.

"Ladies." He mumbled as he walked in, causing Nat to pull away.

"Iv'e got some files to sort out. I'll come back with proper food for you all later." Nat smiled at us both before leaving.

"Sorry." I said to steve before getting back into my food. Steve was from a time where girls wouldn't really date girls so he was still getting used to it.

"It's fine." He smiled. He walked over to the glass of the room and looked at the screens on the other side that were showing the security camera's in bucky's cell.

"Hey, you wanna see something cool?" Tony entered the room holding some sort of box.

"I pulled something from Dad's archives. Felt timely." he placed his jacket on the table as steve sat in the seat next to me.

"Parker." He greeted me.

"Stark." I reply.

"FDR signed the Lend lease bill with these in 1941." Tony opened the box and pushed it in steve's direction.