Chapter 8

Y/N

After a few more tests and a nice long sleep (my first time sleeping without nightmares, thank god for drugs), I was finally ready to leave the hospital. The nurse tried to offer me crutches to help me walk better, as my balance wasn't that good but I refused. Steve laughed and called me stubborn when I wouldn't take them. I didn't want anything to show I was injured. Like I said I hate it. Besides, it's stupid how getting shot in the stomach affects your balance.

Tony drove me home in his Lamborghini as I begged him to let me leave the hospital in style. He gave in quite easy, as he loved driving it, but it meant that Steve had to ride back with Agent Hill, one of the SHEILD agents.

When we got back, everyone was there waiting for my arrival (even Thor who had come back from his, realm? world? wherever he was from). I didn't like it, I didn't want a fuss made over the fact I was injured and now weaker. We all had lunch together which wanda cooked as a sorry for not visiting me. I met vision as well. I was a bit shocked at first and ended up shouting "alien!" when he walked through the door, which everyone laughed at, but he then turned into his human form which was less frightening. He was a really nice, guy? thingy? i don't know, and I could tell Wanda really liked him but she didn't do anything about it. When I was in the kitchen talking to her as she made the food I had teased her about him and watched as her cheeks went red and she want all shy. It was quite funny how someone can make you like that. To me it was stupid.

After we ate we all sat together in the lounge and spoke about anything and everything, which helped me to get to know everyone much better.

"No! No! Tony is definitely bottom!" Thor shouted over everyones arguing. Wanda and I just laughed at all their stupidity.

"Shut up Thor" Tony snapped back.

"So he is!" Steve added earning a glare from Tony.

"Not such a 'tough' guy in bed are you stark?" Thor and steve laughed. I watched as natasha rolled her eyes and pushed Thor off her, he was laughing hysterically.

"Why are you guys arguing over who, out of Tony and Pepper, are top or bottom? I thought they were together, so why do they have bunk beds?" Everyone was silent at peters sentence. I buried my head in my hands as I could hear, Thor, Clint, Steve, Banner and Tony trying their hardest not to laugh.

"Who's going to tell him?" Clint managed to say without laughing.

"What?" a confused Peter looked around at everyone.

"I'll tell him!" Thor happily volunteered.

"No! You are not! No one is" I tell him and he pouts at his defeat.

"He's a kid Thor, what did you expect?" Tony adds, still trying not to laugh.

"I'm telling him!" Thor sits up.

"No do-" but before I could finish Thor started speaking.

"We weren't talking about bunk beds spider-boy." Thor started, I sat back in my seat already knowing what peter's reaction was going to be.

"We were talking about who is the more dominant one out of the two when having sex." Thor tells him matter-of-factly. I watch as Peter's face drops. All the boys bursted out laughing.

"Ewwwww! That's absolutely disgusting! I don't want to know about that!" Peter jumps out and runs away.

"Told you" I say to thor who sits back laughing.

"You lot are being stupid. I'm going to bed." Nat said standing up to leave. I didn't realise how late it was.

"Come on! Stay!" I try to convince her but she frowns at me.

"No." she replies bluntly. I wonder why she was being like this. I wanted to read her mind but I knew she would get mad at me.

"Okay then, goodnight." I say to her which she only returns with a "mhm" before leaving.

Not long after, everyone else started to leave as it was getting quite late. Eventually, it was just me and Wanda who were sitting and talking together.

"Do you know what's up with nat?" I ask her. Yesterday, Nat was being so nice, she even cried about me, but now she was being rude.

"No idea, why?" Wanda questions me.

"It's just, when we were both on all those stake outs before I got shot, Nat was actually being nice. I thought we were getting along well and that we were alright. Don't tell anyone this but, i saw her crying when i was starting to wake up in the hospital and she was saying sorry. We also had a nice conversation then but now she's being a bit rude." I explain to Wanda who gives me a look.

"What?" I ask

"Why do you care so much about how natasha is towards you?" she smirks at me.

"I don't know. It's just um annoying." i shrug. I didn't actually know myself why I cared so much. It was just something about her that gave me a weird feeling, making me care about how she was towards me.

"Oh my god! You like Nat!" Wanda almost shouts.

"Ugh no I don't that's stupid" I try to tell her but she ignores me.

"You totally do!" she teases me.

"Fine! Maybe I do! I don't know. It's just every time I see her i can't help but think how beautiful she is and she makes me get this weird feeling in my stomach. Which I hate." I tell her honestly.

"That's called butterflies" she smiles at me.

"It's annoying." I sit back in my seat.

"Why don't you talk to nat?" Wanda suggests but I just shrug.

"I don't want to. Feelings are stupid. They make you seem weak and vulnerable and I don't want to show that." I cross my arms.

"So what? If you like her, then you like her. It doesn't mean you're weak."

"Yes it does. You start caring for someone, then it leads to falling for them and loving them and all that smutty stuff. You create a weak spot for them. Just like with family, you love your family and if someone threatens to hurt them, then you do whatever you can to protect them. Similar to when you love someone." I hated the idea of love, if it wasn't your family. If you were in the type of job like i'm in and like when I was in Hydra, it would be dangerous to love someone, if someone found out about them then they could be in danger.

"It's different, when you fall in love with someone." Wanda tries telling me.

"Either way. I can't tell nat. I would just get embarrassed. I hate talking about feelings and soppy stuff. Besides, I would just get rejected" I tell her.

"You never know what might happen." Wanda sips her cocktail.

"I'm not taking any chances."

After a little more talking and messing around, me and wanda eventually go to bed. I was extremely tired as trying to deal with healing a gun shot wound was hard. I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

It was a hard night, having nightmares with a bad wound, but i managed to get through it. Just about.