Part 3 | Chapter 1

Y/N

One year. One year since the so called 'Civil War' between us Avengers. One year (nearly) of being Hydra free. One year of being on house arrest in the new avengers compound. One year of training every day. One year of apologising to the raging press. One year of building back friendships that were damaged.

I sat on the bed in mine and Natasha's room. The new compound was much bigger, meaning everyone had their own mini apartments inside. I blasted a few marks onto a target we had in the corner of the room waiting for Nat to return from her mission. It was quite late and I wanted to sleep but I promised I would wait up for her.

Nearly falling asleep, I hear the bedroom door open and watch the red haired assassin walk through the door, chucking her bags at the end of the bed and then slumping onto the bed beside me.

"Bad mission?" I ask her as she lays there staring at the ceiling.

"Clint is an idiot." She huffs wiping some blood off her face.

"And you're only realising this now?" I laugh.

"He had to get himself injured so me and Bucky ended up doing most of the mission ourselves." She rants on and on about how clint was useless in her mission.

"At least it's over. But you do stink."I tease her, which was very risky considering she was already annoyed.

"Yeah, I need a shower." Nat got up and grabbed a towel before heading into the bathroom. I laid down, ready to sleep now I had greeted her, but as soon as my head hit the pillow, my phone rang.

No caller ID. I decided to ignore it, probably the press or someone trying to have a talk but I really couldn't be bothered to this late. I declined the call and laid back down, until it rang again. I picked up my phone and read 'No Caller ID.' yet again. Reluctantly, I answered it, hoping to tell whoever it was to leave me alone.

"Look, now's really not a good time I-" I began before a all to familiar voice cuts me off.

"Well, it's going to have to be." They spoke, their strong russian accent was very clear through the phone.

"Nicholai." I sternly confirm hearing his voice after years.

Nicholai, was my old trainer at the Hydra base I was kept at. He would train me to kill and assassinate, torturing me if I ever did anything wrong. He was part of my worst memories from Hydra. Being the son of the leader of the unit, made him free, able to do anything he wanted to me.

"Давно не разговаривали. (Long time no speak.)" He laughed through the phone hearing my surprised tone. I quickly mute him, still making sure nat was in the shower and head out the room into the lounge.

"What the hell do you want, Nicholai? How did you get my number?" I snap at him.

"I see you've got your american accent back." He dodged my question.

"ответь на мой вопрос. (Answer me now.)" I demand earning him to laugh at me again.

"You're really trying to tell me what to do, again? Don't you remember what happened last time?" He tormented me.

"What do you want?" I ask trying to get information out of him, scared Natasha might walk in.

"My father wants to see you." Nicholai replies simply.

"Why? After all theses years, why now?" I question him in a hushed voice.

"You betrayed Hydra. Turned to the Avengers. You were the best weapon we had and you abandoned us. My father has seen the news, what happened in germany, how strong you are. The fact you still have your Hydra side in you. He wants you back." I almost laugh at him.