Part 3 | Chapter 10

Natasha

I was sad, angry, confused. I just wanted to help. Keep an eye on her and shield her from whatever attacks, yet she was too stubborn. I couldn't watch her do that, get herself killed by Hydra. I didn't want to leave her, I wanted to fight by her side.

Us against the world.

I walked out the lab, I couldn't stay there any longer. I didn't want to argue with her, didn't want to shout. I wanted to go to the hill, watch the stars and eat anything and everything we could find. So that's what I did, except by myself.

I pushed passed anyone who got in my way, ignored the team as they gave me sad looks, probably from hearing us shout, and left the building. I walked across the lawn and into the long grass, letting my hands glide through. I walked through the trees and through the opening, climbing to the top of the hill.

Normally, I would go to the training room, punch my way through all the shit i'm feeling but not today. It felt weird being here without her. Cuddled up in a blanket staring at the stars, her warm body against mine. I had never come here without y/n so it felt empty.

Was that the right thing to do? Leave her to fend for herself, try defeat Hydra on her own. I mean, she's to stubborn to let any of us help, but not supporting her. I want to be there I really do, but seeing her put herself through all that would kill me. Worrying everyday if she'll be returning home, to the comfort of my arms. Or what if i'm on a mission and she leaves and I have no way in contacting her. Who knows how long it will take for her to take that whole unit down.

I laid on the grass and stared into the sky. I didn't feel at peace with my thoughts and guilt as I thought I would. If only she could be beside me, back to how it was before. Before Hydra messed with her, before she got these new powers, before she came to the decision to work alone.

"I thought you'd be up here." I heard a voice approach me.

"How'd you know?" I looked at clint as he sat on the grass beside me.

"Y/n always tells us guys about this place. Says she loves coming to watch the stars with you, she thinks it's magical. You weren't in the training room so it was kind of my second guess." He shrugged looking over into the distance.

"Do you think I did the right thing?" I ask sitting up beside him.

"Since when do you care about what I think?" He laughed.

"I just wish she wouldn't be so fucking stubborn." I huff, leaning back on my arms.

"She just wants to protect us." He sighs.

"But she's still putting herself in danger. I don't know what I would do without her, clint." I whisper, the thought of being without her clouded my mind. She was my world, i could never live without her by me.

"She'll come to her senses, realise she needs the team, needs you. Just give her time. With all her heightened emotions, who knows what's going through her head. But what I do know is she needs you." Clint looked at me as I stared at the building.

"I don't want to have to watch her go through that clint, i can't bare the idea of her going against Hydra, and just sitting, waiting for her to come back. Not doing anything." I mumble.

"Maybe you can find a way to help her but stay as safe as she wants you too be. You're a spy, nat, you could do computer work or find files all from the compound." Clint places a hand in my shoulder.

"Just don't leave her alone. You're Natasha Romanoff and Y/N Parker, for fucks sake. You haven't been apart from each other in years!" He smiles at me.