[007] - never a stranger

﹒──── ✩ + ❛ ✧!

﹒──── ✩   + ❛ ✧!

★✩﹒﹒﹒﹒﹒﹒﹒

[007] -
never a stranger

THE CLOCKTOWER, SIMPLY speaking, was a place where Siobhán Parten felt welcomed. She knew it to be full of sunlight and silence—somewhere she could escape and be one with the sea. But the circumstances she found herself in promised her something different. It promised her a story of tears, darkness, and hate.

"Are you certain Peeves won't catch us?" Leonardo Nott asked behind her. Siobhán heaved out a sigh as the two climbed up a flight of stairs.

"Yes, Nott," she said. "I already told you Peeves will not bother us. He won't even know we're here because he barely spends time in the Clocktower."

"Well, I didn't know that, Parten," he put forth. "I apologize for not being more aware than you." Siobhán shook her head. Leonardo wanted to instigate anger in her, but she refused to show him. She would keep her composure and get an explanation.

"Shame, really." Siobhán smiled. "Would've thought you to be considerably more intelligent due to all your fortune. I suppose that isn't true for some Purebloods, is it?"

"You're asking questions you already know the answers to," Leonardo muttered. "Won't you use your context clues like the 'know it all' you are?"

"Shut up, Nott," Siobhán retorted. "I don't need context clues to see how lost you are in your own world." Leonardo grinned, stifling a chuckle slipping out his mouth.

"You find this funny, don't you?" Siobhán spared him a glare. "Let's see how funny it'll be after we have our conversation."

"I'll tell you the hard truth," Leonardo said. "It's an uncomfortable truth. I don't think you're prepared for this."

"There's no obligation to tell me the full truth." Siobhán reached another staircase. She huffed out a groan before continuing up. "You can lie to me for all I care."

"You make me utterly confused." Leonardo looked at her in exasperation. "First, you ask me to explain my Pureblood life, and then you say I can lie. How does that make sense?"

"I'm a confusing person." She shrugged. Leonardo halted for a moment, staring at her intently. He breathed in and began following her again.

Siobhán knew Leonardo Nott to be unreadable. She may have deemed him unworthy and undeserving, but she didn't understand him. And frankly, she probably never would. He was a Pureblood, and she was a Muggle-born. They were from two different worlds—although not literally. He had a fortune behind his name, and well, she didn't. She mentioned a lot of 'ands' because there were differences between them. She felt like she could lose herself to him, to his eyes, to his hands, to his story. Siobhán didn't want any of it.