Not so happy campers 1 (1/2) ✅

This chapter contains the descriptions and introductions of the tdi characters, you might skip to the next one and jump straight to the action!

-Yo! We're coming to you live from Camp Wawanakwa, somewhere in Muskoka, Ontario. I'm your host, Chris Mclean. Dropping season one of the hottest new reality show on television, right now! Here's the deal, 23 campers have signed up to spend eight weeks right here at this crummy old summer camp. They'll compete in challenges against each other. Then have to face the judgment of their fellow campers. Every three days, one team will either win a reward or watch one of their team members walk down the dock of shame. Take a ride on the loser boat and leave Total Drama Island, for good. Their fate will be decided here, at the dramatic campfire ceremonies where each week, all but one camper will receive a marshmallow. In the end, only one will be left standing and will be rewarded with cheesy tabloid fame and a small fortune, which let's face it, they'll probably blow in a week. To survive, they'll have to battle. Black flies. Grizzly bears. Disgusting camp food! And each other. Every moment will be caught on one of the hundreds of cameras situated all over the camp. Who will crumble under the pressure? Find out here right now on... Total Drama Island.

-And cut! Mclean out.- Chris adds, after a moment waving at the intern to bring him a cup of lemonade.

-I'm going to my kitchen.- Tall and bulky black-skinned man rolls his eyes, passing by the host.

-What? I thought you'd give those morons a welcome.- Chris smiles slightly.

-I have better things to do than wait for a group of ungrateful youngsters, and unlike you, I have to create a dinner from nothing since you spent our last penny on hair spray.

-Aaa, as a host, I have to look my best.- Chris chuckles.

At the horizon, a boat with the first contestant can be seen. Chris quickly unknits his shirt, handed an empty glass to the intern, shoved him off the pier, and put on his distinguishing smile.

-Alright, it's time to meet our campers. We told them they'd all be staying at a five-star resort, so if they seem a little t.o.ed, that's probably why. And here comes our farm girl, Beth!

A short girl with a ponytail and braces jumps at Chris, putting her palms on his neck.

-Beth, what's up?- Host budges a little under her weight.

-It's so incredulous to meet you. Wow, you're much shorter in real life.- She says with a slight lisp, but clear enough to be understood.

-Um, thanks.- Chris takes a small step away from her.

As the next boat dock, a tall, black-skinned, and muscular boy with a well-groomed beard grabs his two big bags, making an entrance.

-The Brickhouse with Heart, DJ.- Chris welcomes him.

-Yo, Chris Mclean. How's it going?- He high-fives the shorter man.- Hey, are you sure you got the right place? Where's the hot tub at?- He asks after taking a quick look around.

-Yo, dawg, this is it. Camp Wawanakwa.

-Hmph, looked a lot different on the application form.- He murmurs quietly enough for Chris not to hear and loud enough for Beth to nod, her head in agreement.

-I see our local loner. - Host says to the camera- Hey, Gwen.- Chris is already welcoming the new arrival.

A Goth girl with perfectly put blue lipstick and dyed hair gives the host a side-eye.

-You mean we're staying here?- She asks.

-No, you're staying here. My cabin is an airstream with a.c. that way.- He points in the opposite direction of the camp with a smirk.