Not quite famous (2/2)✅

I used Andy Grammer's 'Don't give up on me lyrics in the chapter

Previously on Total Drama Island

Alexandra distances herself from Duncan.

Gwen and her blond friend can't get rid of Cody's presence.

And Heather stole Alexandra's diary thanks to Courtney.

Is it just I or something big is about to happen?

-Where were you?- Courtney asks- What happened?

-Don't bother pretending. I know you don't care anyway. I'll just grab dry clothes and leave.

I take my favorite sweater, and other necessities and head to the bathroom. After the shower, I head to the amphitheater, where my team is. Geoff is checking his skateboard, Courtney is playing the violin, Duncan and DJ are playing cards, and Harold with Bridgette is standing by chatting.

-Hi guys.

-Hi, what happened with your hair?- Bridgette asks.

-I had an unwanted encounter with Gophers boys. I ended up drenched. I'm just glad I didn't have a lot of things in my bag.

-Did they destroy anything?- She asks.

-Just my sketchbook...- I look down, it's upsetting. I put a lot of work into my art, it hurts when it's destroyed.

-Maybe, we can fix it.- She suggests.

-Not really, but I know they didn't want to do it. They couldn't know, I brought it with me.

-I know you can draw even more amazing things in your new sketchbook.- Geoff walks over.

-Thanks, Geoff.

-Me and the boys were thinking, did something happen between you and Cody?- He asks.

-Noo... How do you know I talked with him anyway?

-He told us.

-What?! What did he say?!- I clutch his shirt, hoping Cody didn't eavesdrop on my chat with Gwen.

-Nothing bad, really. No need to stress out.

I take a deep breath to calm myself. Geoff takes my hand and squeezes it, I smile at him.

-So, can you stand on your hands for twenty minutes?- Tyler asks Bridgette after a while.

-Wanna bet that I can't?- She says, taking a bite from her candy bar.

-Oh, you're on!- Geoff speaks excitedly.

-I'll take a piece of that action.- Harold joins.

-Yeah, that's like virtually impossible.- DJ states.

-Ante up!

The boys place their bets on one of the boxes, and Duncan also joins them.

-You can do it, Bri. Show those boys what you're made of.- I encourage her.

-Of course, I will. Twenty minutes... starting... now!

She stands on her hands and starts to walk around the stage. Duncan is checking his watch all the time. Everything goes smoothly till Bridgette's leg gets tangled in the rope. She struggles to break free. I can see an unstable stoplight.

-Courtney, watch out!

I move without thinking, pushing her out of the falling object range. I didn't think it through, and I got hit on the back while trying to grab her violin.