If you can't take the heat (2/2)✅

Previously on Total Drama Island

Geoff was chosen to be the head chef of the Italian dinner. After a little fight, Alexandra is paired up with DJ, Duncan with Courtney, and Bridgette with Harold and Sadie. Duncan tries to apologize to Alexandra, but it won't be as easy as he expected. It's high time Alex took a timeout.

I take my bag and exit the kitchen. I'm sick of those continuous tiffs and pressure. I'm about to sit down under one of the trees nearby, but I notice Leshawna walking out of her team kitchen covered in a nasty rash.

-Leshawna?! What happened to you?!- I rush up to her.

-I have a terrible allergy to pineapples, but that witch Heather won't listen.

-Come on, I know how to help. I'm not letting you deal with this rush all day.

-You sure you can help? What about a challenge?

-It's high time I took a break. Besides, DJ can finish our part.

-Let me guess, Courtney?

-I wish it was only her. Somethings up with the boys, excluding they wanted to divide me into halves, they are tormenting, Harold.

-Wow, they wanted what? If that juvie boy is imposing you, I'll put him into his place.

-They'll sort it out. I've already told them I'm sick of that behavior.

We enter Gopher's kitchen. I sit Leshawna on a stool and grab a glass. I prepare her a drink with calcium.

-Alex? What are you doing here?- Trent asks.

-Helping Leshawna.

-Is she alright? It doesn't look good.- He glances at her.

-It's an allergy, she'll be fine.

-Hey, we didn't have time to talk more about what happened yesterday...

-It's not a good time. Don't understand me wrong, I want to talk with you. You deserve an explanation, but I have problems with my teammates which need to be solved ASAP.

-I'll wait for you.- He kisses my forehead.

I'm taken aback by his action. He looks at me thoughtfully but soon leaves. I snap out of it and sit next to Leshawna, giving her the glass.

-He's not beating around the bush, huh?- She nudges me.

-Who?- I'm absent-minded.

-Trent, of course.

-Yeah, I guess. I'll take care of that.

-What do you mean?

-That's my little secret.- I wink.

-Mind if I ask what's going on with DJ today? He could have been heard here.

-Oh, that. Well, let's say it's tough since Duncan, you know...

-There's something more, hun.

-You think? I'm just so confused. Everything around me is changing so quickly that I feel like I can't catch up.

-It's a reality show, after all.

-Still, it can get crazy out there. I have a better question tho. How the situation with Heather looks like?

-Looks like Beth is targeted now.

-Speak of the devil.- I whisper.

Heather with Lindsay walks up to the table in front of us. The brunette is clearly irritated with her silly friend. Gwen follows them with a long face.