Phobia Factor (2/2)✅

Previously on Total Drama Island

Heather still has control over Courtney.

DJ faced his fear.

And boys had a conversation about Alexandra.

Things get heated so stay tuned.

-Just talk to him, brah, and ask him to go away! Okay then, we've got two minutes before Gwen's done. Cody, you're up.- Chris moves forward with challenges.

I turn to see what he meant in his first sentence. I gasp, seeing Trent running away from mime in panic.

-Trent?!- I want to run after him, but someone catches my hand.

-No, you're not helping him with that.- Duncan says sternly.

-But what about Gwen, someone has to...

-Nope, you can talk with her after the challenge.- Duncan doesn't let go of my hand.

-Chris went to set Cody's challenge, but Gwen is still buried on the beach.- I protest.

-Duncan, you're next!- Chris yells through his megaphone approaching us.

His grip on my hand tightens. I take a deep breath.

-I'm staying with you. Gwen can wait.-Duncan looks at me, thankfully.

We walk in silence behind Chris. Duncan is holding my hand all the time. I caress his palm with my thumb. I can feel his stress, which is increased when we reach our cabin. In front of it is placed Celine Dion standee.

-She's pretty. She's nice.- Courtney says in a calm voice.

Confessional

Alexandra: She scolded DJ without any hesitation, and now she acts innocent. I don't care what is between her and Duncan. It's not fair to treat everyone like losers and then fawn on our delinquents. Am I right, or am I right?

-Just one hug and, you're done. - Chris says.

-T-That looks really... Real, man.- Duncan stutters.

-Dude, she's made of cardboard! Get in the game!- Tyler tries to encourage the boy.

-Hey. It's okay if you can't do it.- Courtney pushes me out of the way and grabs Duncan's hand.

-All right, I'll try.- He looks over at me, and I just nod.

-You can do this!- Courtney says sweetly.

-Okay! Okay!- Duncan faces the standee.

He closes his eyes and rushes up to the cardboard figure. He embraces it for a while, gaining our team a point. I cheer with everyone. I want to come closer to Duncan, but...

-Woohoo! Duncan! You're awesome!- Courtney pushes me out of the way.

I lose my balance and land on my butt with a thud. She jumps into Duncan's arms as nothing happened.

-Ha! I did it!- Duncan cheers.

DJ helps me up, sending Courtney a cold stare. I dust myself off, glaring at the girl.

-I'm going to check on Gwen.- I state, leaving.

-I'll go with you.- Geoff joins me.

-Since when you're friends with Gwen?

-You like her, so she must be cool. Besides, I know it's not the only reason you left. I want to check on you.

-Thanks, Geoff. The thing is one day, I'll run out of patience. I've tried my best to be friendly, but you see how she treats me.