Search and Do Not Destroy (3/3)✅

Previously on Total Drama Island

Alexandra got in trouble like always.

Duncan and Trent's fight reached a more brutal level.

Heather was close to succeeding with her plan, but thanks to Alex's luck Porter stopped her.

With Alexandra

-How do I keep getting into those situations?- I ask Porter.

We are sitting in my nook. He faces the forest, playing my guitar, while I sketch the lake in front of me. Our backs are touching. We sit like this a lot, but it's more comfortable for me since I'm smaller.

-Thirteen years of friendship, and I still don't know.

-What happened to your...- I start a conversation.

-Hair. I lost the bet.

-Why...

-I don't want to talk about this.

-It's about Brenda then.

Porter has a massive crush on Brenda, but she's the most popular girl in our school, a cheerleader, and dating a jock, he has no chance. Our other friends use every possibility to remind him of that helpless feeling anyway.

-Like always. Sometimes I just wish things were different. I wish you had been there.

I turn around and hug him from behind.

-I've got you, Moony.

-You remember our deal?- He asks.-The one about marriage?

-If we turn 30 and neither of us finds a lover, we're gonna marry each other.- I answer.

-I think you may not be available.

-Why?

-I hear bells ringing... dating rings. That Geoff guy, you like him.

-Wake up to reality.

-But love is in the air.

-Don't worry, I'll start wearing a gas mask.

-Love is an open door!

-Close it!- I hit him playfully.

I pick my cigarette and smoke, sharing it with my friend.

-Seriously tho, I can see it. You keep staring at him all the time.- He comes back to this topic.

-Those are just coincidences. Besides, he was on the same team.

-Then why was that look on your face?- He turns to me.

-What look?

-You look a certain way when you see him. You look at him, and it's like you're staring at stars or flowers.- He informs.

-And?

-You love stars and flowers.- He looks down.

-I don't know.

-But I do.- He takes my hand.-Compare it to Duncan.

-What do you mean?

-I think he loved you, not eternally, not the way you seek, but he did.

-Yes, he did. What you say is right.- I nod- But he doesn't love himself. He sees himself as a bad guy, a guy who destroyed all the good in his path. So he forces himself to do just that. Destroy what he gets.