Not so happy campers 1 (2/2) ✅

Previously on Total Drama Island

23 contestants had their big entrance, and we can say they did swimmingly, getting the first smiles, snarks, and dip in the lake. 

 Hope you've got some cold beverages cause things are about to get heated.

Alexandra's P.O.V.

If you were wondering how cold water in the middle of the summer might get, I could update you on that one. I splash around and try my best to swim to the surface when someone picks me up and puts me down on the sand.

-Thanks.- I say, but no one is around when I look up.

The person nearest me is Gwen. The girl is trying to get water out of her heavy shoes with visible irritation on her pale face.

-Gwen? Did you see who helped me?- I ask.

-Justin, did.- She says not looking up at me.

-Justin?

-Mr. Narcis, Eye Candy over there.

She points at the tall guy with blue eyes. There are already three girls staring at him as he takes off his wet t-shirt, showing off his abs.

-He seems like a model or an actor. Is he for real?- I nudge Gwen.

-Just so you know, I'm real too.- Duncan suddenly puts his hands on my and Gwen's shoulders.

I push him away, rolling my eyes. I dust myself off and approach Justin.

-Hi, thanks for dragging me out of the lake, however strange it sounds.- I tap his back and he turns towards me.

-Oh, there is no problem. It's important to help each other. Besides, I must have looked amazing. I can see my agents already using this footage.

-Your agent?- I tilt my head.

-Yes, you know I'm a model. It's important to keep up my position.- He winks.

-Right.- I nod unsure.

I smile warmly at him. I can tell he wants to act like a superstar but, I don't want to judge him just yet.

I notice that everyone has left the water already and gathered on the beach with frowns and pouts on their faces, trying to dry themselves.

-Are you, alright?- Geoff checks on me.

-As you can see, I'm still in one piece.

-Alexandra? Do you have a spare towel? I can't find mine.- Courtney calls out to me.

-Sure, it's in my suitcase.- I eye her up and down, not recalling introducing myself.

-Thanks.- She smiles when I bring her the towel.

-So, crazy huh? Didn't expect to have my first swim so fast.- Geoff starts up a conversation again.

-Okay, guys, since everyone is here. Dry off and meet at the campfire pit in 10.- Chris tells us.

-Trust me, me neither. It wasn't exactly the big entrance I was expecting.- I smile.- I'll catch you later.

-I can wait.- He winks.

-You really want to sit here with me instead of getting to know others?- I raise my brow.

-Yeah.- He smiles wider, sitting on the sand next to me.

On cue, campers slowly move in a campfire direction. I dry my hair a little and before heading with the rest of the group, I take a moment to take my shoes off. It would be stupid to walk around in drenched heels.