Camp Castaways (1/3)✅

Previously on Total Drama Island

The fate of our islanders was decided by their fellow friends who got eliminated from the show.

Such a loss that after the party they made to celebrate the last voting they have to say goodbye to each other.

Yes, I'm looking at you Geoff and Alexandra only because you gave each other one more chance doesn't mean it will last.

-Geoff, you lose. Pack your things, now.- Chris announces.

I sit there gobsmacked, staring at the ground.

-Ha, it was close. Sorry, dude.- Duncan says.

I feel tears forming in my eyes and let them wet my cheeks. Geoff crouches in front of me and places his palms on my cheeks. The others are standing around us, waiting for situation development. After a while, he looks up and giggles. I look at him with shining eyes.

-I confess I can't explain why, but starry nights always make me think of you. - He gestures towards the sky above.

I throw my arms around him and drown myself in the smell of his cologne. He picks me up and wraps his arms around me tightly. My heart beats so rapidly I swear it could be heard.

-Baby, just promise me you'll be happy. I beg you to be happy. Be the cheerful girl I feel for.- He whispers.

-Boy, it is time.- Chef breaks our moment, and Geoff puts me down. He smiles and pats my head, just like Porter does, and it takes my breath away. I stay there long after he's gone, not being able to work my way to rational thinking through this sudden emotional outburst.

-Come on, Alexandra, you should move on with this fact.- Gwen puts her palm on my arm.

-How am I supposed to move on when my heart is wide open and, I can't patch it up. Gwen, I lost myself right now.

Confessional

Alexandra: No one noticed how guilty he felt. They only saw his guilt. No one saw the pain he was in. They only saw the pain he caused. No one realized he hated himself for that, far more than any hated him. Geoff, I'm sorry I had nothing to say that night.

Then, the rain started to pour. It was stronger, and suddenly it turned into a whole storm.

-Come on!- Gwen grabs my hand and forces me to run to the cabin.

We run into the boy's cabin, leaving wet traces everywhere. Gwen is shivering, so Trent gives her a towel. I look out of the window and walk out one more time. I look at the sky and let the drops cover me.

-Alexandra?- Duncan looks through the open door.

-Hm.- I acknowledge his presence.

-What on Earth are you doing?! Come inside!

-I listen to the rain. Walking in the rain makes me happy and calm. Don't take away my happiness.

-What?!

-Some people feel the rain others just get drenched. If you're so afraid of water from the sky, then go back inside!- I turn towards him.

-It's ridiculous!

-Maybe it is, so what?! I like ridiculous things!

-You're never going to change.- He chuckles and goes back inside.

A soft smile appears on my face. I spin in the rain for a while and lay down on a dump grass, letting the water drops touch every part of my body. After a while, someone lays down next to me.