Not so happy campers 2 (1/2)✅

Previously on Total Drama Island

Our beloved Islanders were divided into two teams.
We had our first argument of the season, and as Heather said, we found our first hook-up as well.
Hope you're ready for another dose of drama, flirt, and danger.
Cause' This is the first challenge in Total Drama Island.

-Okay. Today's challenge is three-fold. Your first task is to jump off this 1,000-foot-high cliff into the lake.- Chris explains.

-Piece of cake.- Brigette stays positive.

- If you look down, you will see two target areas. The wider area represents the part of the lake, that we have stocked with psychotic *laughs* man-eating sharks. Inside that area is a safe zone. That's your target area, which we're pretty sure is shark free.

-Excuse me.- Leshawna speaks.

I nervously adjust my black swimsuit's strap, looking down the cliff.

-For each member of your team who jumps and actually survives, there will be a crate of supplies waiting below. Inside each crate are supplies that you'll need for the second part of the challenge... building a hot tub. The team with the best one gets to have a wicked hot tub party tonight. The losers will be sending someone home. Let's see, Killer Bass, you're up first.

-Oh, wow. So, who wants to go first?- Bridgette turns to us.

No one dares to meet her eyes, not even Duncan, who found something presumably fascinating on his nails. I bite my lower lip lightly, not willing to go first as well.

-Hey, don't sweat it, guys. I heard that these shows always make the interns do the stunt first to make sure it's survivable.-Owen tries to encourage us.

-So, who's up?- Eva asks.

-Ladies first.- Duncan answers.

-Wow, what a gentleman.- I roll my eyes at him.

-Fine, I'll go. It's no big deal, just an insane cliff dive into a circle of angry sharks.-Bridgette breathes.

I rush to the edge to watch her jump. Luckily, she makes it to the safe zone. I don't know if she can see, but I smile anyway.

-She did it. Yeah! Yeah! I'm next. Cowabunga! Oh!

Tyler jumps but has a painful encounter with a mark.

Then Geoff gives me a warm smile and jumps as well, holding his hat firmly in place the whole time. Eva follows suit right after without any complaints.

-Unh-unh. No way, man. I'm not jumping.- DJ states, crossing his arms over his broad chest.

-Are you scared of heights?- Chris questions.

-Yeah, ever since I was a kid.

-That's okay, big guy. Unfortunately, that also makes you a chicken. So you'll have to wear this for the rest of the day.

Chris puts a chicken hat on DJ's head with an amused smirk.

-Aw, man. For real?

-Hey, how about we jump together? It won't be so scary.- I put my hand on his back, tilting my head up to meet his eyes.

-I'm sorry, Alexandra, but I'm petrified.

-It's alright, don't feel bad about it.- I reassure softly.

-You know it can cost us a challenge.

Courtney scowls, but I silence her with a glare while patting my tall friend on the back. She gives me an unsatisfied nod, agreeing to let it slip.