Part 16

Natalie's POV 

Me and Izzy walked downstairs to see Jared on his phone. He looked deep in thought. I wonder what he was thinking about. 

¨Jared are you ready?¨ I asked him. He was still looking at his phone but he answered yes and didn't look up. 

¨You sure, you look deep in thought¨ Izzy said 

¨Oh yeah I'm fine, I just needed to make sure we had our reservations.¨ Jared said finally looking up. When he finally saw me he stopped what he was doing and kept his eyes focused on me. 

¨Wow, you look beautiful Natalie.¨ Jared said walking up to me. 

¨Thank you, it was all Izzy.¨ I said. 

¨She did a good job.¨ he said and looked over at Izzy who had a huge smile on her face. 

¨And Izzy, you look beautiful too.¨ he said. 

¨Thank you, so where are we going?¨ Izzy asked. 

¨You'll see but right now we should go so we don't miss our reservations.¨ Jared said, he grabbed my hand as I grabbed my purse and we left out the door and made our way to the restaurant. Once we got inside the building a sudden chill washed over me, I guess Jared noticed because he walked over to me and gave me his jacket. 

¨Thank you.¨ I said smiling at him. 

¨Mhmm of course no problem. Anything for you.¨ Jared said. A lady walked up to us and she had dinner menus in her hand, she looks really pretty, I thought . 

¨Mr.  Daniels, your table is this way.¨ she said leading us to a table. The table was beautiful, I couldn't stop staring at it. What's going on that is so special? I thought. He can't be proposing, he just asked me to be his girlfriend. 

¨You guys enjoy your meal, a waiter will be with you shortly.¨ she said handing us our menus. A couple minutes later we saw a waiter come to our table and ask what we wanted. We ordered our food and continued talking while waiting. Eventually Jared got up and went to the bathroom but he still isn't back. I wonder if something went wrong. I got my phone out of my purse and texted him, but he didn't respond. Then I heard music, and I saw Jared  walking towards me with a bouquet of roses in his hand. I brought my hand up to my mouth and gasped. What is he doing, I asked myself. 

¨Natalie, I know that I asked you to be my girlfriend less than 24 hours ago but I can't think of my future without you. You have made me so happy these last few days and I want to relive that happiness with you by my side. The thought of losing you scares me but I don't think of that because I know that whatever obstacles come our ways we will get through it together. Natalie what I'm trying to say is that  I would really like to have you in my life.¨ said Jared as he got down on one knee. 

¨Oh my god, Jared, what are you doing?¨ I asked with tears. He looked at me and smiled then pulled out a box. Oh my god, I screamed in my head. 

¨Now, this isn't an engagement ring but it's a promise ring to love you forever. One day I will turn this promise ring into an engagement ring because that's how serious I am about us. So will you make me the happiest man alive and give me a chance to love you with all my heart?¨ he asked me. 

Promise ring

Promise ring

¨Yes of course.¨ I said. When I said yes I saw his smile grow bigger and he took the ring out of the box then put it on my finger. I smiled down at my hand and admired the ring that he gave me. 

¨I love you Natalie.¨ he said. 

¨I love you too.¨ I said. Jared stood up  and gave me a hug while spinning me in his arms. I love this man so much. I thought to myself. He put me down but kept his hands on my waist. It was like no one else mattered, it was just us against the world. As we stared at each other I felt the feeling like we were meant to be together. He reached his hand up to my cheek and leaned in closely. I thought he was going to kiss me but he whispered, ¨you look so beautiful tonight¨. At this comment my face turned red. Damn, why does he do this to me, I thought to myself. 

¨Aww you guys are too cute.¨ Izzy said taking a picture of us. I glared at her but smiled when I looked at Jared already looking at me. 

¨Well, since the food is here we might as well eat.¨ Jared said, taking his hands from my waist and pulling out my chair for me again. We ate dinner and paid the bill then went home. I got out of the car but stopped when I saw my dad standing on the doorstep. 

¨Natalie, what's wrong?¨ Jared asked me when he reached my door. 

¨My dad is here.¨ I said. 

¨Wait what?" Jared asked. 

¨My dad, he's standing on the doorstep.¨ I said. Jared held me close to him protectively  and I wrapped my arms around him and put my head on his chest. 

¨Natalie, dad, what's going on?¨ Izzy asked from the car. I guess she wasn't able to hear what was happening since she fell asleep on our way back. 

¨My dad is here.¨ I said getting out of Jared's grasp and opening Izzy's car door. I looked over at the doorstep but my dad was no where to be found. I looked behind me and there he was. 

¨Dad, what are you doing here?¨ I asked. 

¨I'm here to get my little girl back.¨ he said. 

¨No I can't go home with you. You're drunk and you're not thinking. I live with Jared now and I love him.¨ I said. Jared put his arms back around me and held me closer to him if that was even possible 

¨Your mom isn't dead.¨ he said. 

Duh duh duhhhh. So what do you think? Is it true? Is Natalie's mom really alive? Read to find out  what really happened on part 17!!! Hope you enjoyed today's chapter. Please consider commenting and voting!! Part 17 will be out soon.