Part 4

Continued from last part... 

¨Oh, I forgot, these are for you,¨ he said giving me the gift and the roses. I couldn't be mad at him for wanting to give me gifts on my birthday. But spending at least $4-5000  dollars on me was not going to work. My parents are so uptight that they will never allow me, a 17 year old to be with a 34 year old, and there is nothing I can do about it. In a way, they are right. What parents would allow their 17 year old daughter to be with someone who is 15 years older than them? I'll tell you who, crazy parents who don't care. 

¨Aww, thank you so much, you don't have to do this,¨ I said. 

¨Yes, I do angel. You can open the gift,¨ he replied 

Did he just call me angel? Or am I hearing things? I thought to myself. He can't be calling me names like this. This is wrong, but why does it feel so right? Stop, Natalie, you can't be thinking about him in this way. 

¨Okay, I will,¨ I said. I put the roses down next to me and focused on opening my gift. I opened the box and looked at what it was. I put my hands over my mouth and gasped. This has to be more than $100. I told him not to spend a lot on me, but does he listen? No he does not. Ugh, why do I have to like him so much? He's hot, my conscious said. Well duh but my parents would kill me if they found out about what he's doing. He had to sneak in my room just to give these gifts to me. This isn't right, not at all. I have to tell him.  

¨Jared... what is this?¨ I asked as I looked at him. 

¨Um, do you not like it?¨ he asked grabbing my hand. 

¨No, I love it. But this isn't right. You know that. I'm only 17. You're 34 and married. You have a daughter. A life. What can a 17 year old give you, a 34 year old. I can't accept this. This is too much. ¨ I said. It was a ring with my name on it, it was so beautiful but I was not going to tell him that. There was also a necklace and earrings to go with it. 

Natalie's ring 

Necklace and Earrings 

¨I know, Natalie

¨I know, Natalie. And I am so sorry. I just I can't help myself. You've grown up to be a beautiful young lady. Just please take the gift. It will hurt me if you don't ¨ he said.