Part 12

Continue from last part

Natalie POV 

¨So now we will have a dance between Jared and Natalie.¨ my mom said. Wait, did I hear that correctly?  

Before I knew it, I felt my hand being grabbed. I looked up to see that Jared was guiding me to the middle of the dance floor. He put his arm around my waist and I brought my arms around his neck. The song ¨Perfect¨ by  Ed Sheeran came on. I love this song I thought. 

I found a love for me 

Darling just dive right in 

And follow my lead

Well, I found a girl, beautiful and sweet 

I never knew you were the someone waiting for me 

'Cause we just kids when we fell in love 

Not knowing what it was

I will not give you up this time 

Darling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own 

And in your eyes your holding mine 

Bang! Bang! I heard screaming around me and people were hiding in different places. Jared grabbed me and brought me to a safe point 

¨Natalie you're okay.¨ he said. 

¨Jared.¨ I moaned. 

POV Change (3rd person) 

¨What is it? What's wrong?¨ he said. He looked down at my waist and saw that there was blood on her dress. 

¨No, no,no.Someone call 911 now.¨ he  said, pressing his free hand against my wound. He got out my phone and dialed 911. 

¨Baby, stay with me. You're going to be okay. Don't you dare close  your eyes. The ambulance is going to be here soon.¨ he says. 

In the hospital, Jared's POV 

¨Why hasn't she woken up?¨ I ask the doctor, pacing. 

¨We just looked at her test results. Natalie is in a coma. We don't know for how long. Just talk to her, she still hears you .¨ the doctor said. 10 minutes later I heard Natalie's parents run through the door. 

¨Sorry we didn't come sooner, there was traffic. How is she? Is she okay?¨ her mom asked crying. 

¨The doctors say that she's in a coma.¨ I told them. 

¨My baby.¨ her dad said pulling her mom into his chest. 

¨I want you to leave Jared¨ her mom said. 

¨Are you serious? You just told me that I can be with your daughter. So, no, I am not leaving. I was with her when she got shot. I am the one who called 911. Not you guys. I have a right to be here as much as you do.¨ I said. 

¨Yeah she needs all of us here.¨ her dad said.  I walked over to grab a chair and put it at the end of Natalie's bed. I sat down and grabbed her hand. 

¨Please wake up Natalie. I need you. Our story isn't over yet. It hasn't even begun. Your parents need you. Izzy needs you." I said with a tear escaping my eye. I kissed her hand and left since I couldn't handle seeing her hooked up to tubes.  I got in my car and drove to the nearest bar. 

¨What do you want?¨ the bartender asked. 

¨Tequila shots.¨ I said. 

¨Rough night?¨ he asked. 

¨Definitely.¨ I said chugging down the tequila. 

¨What happened?¨ he asked. 

¨Girlfriend got shot and now she's in a coma.¨ I said. 

¨Wow, how long?¨ he asked again. 

¨Just today but I've loved her forever.¨ I said honestly 

¨Where were you guys?¨ he said. 

¨At this building. Her birthday party. She just turned 17.¨ I said. 

¨That must suck.¨ he said. 

¨You have no idea¨ I replied. 

Bartender's POV 

This guy came in and walked in the bar. As soon as I saw his face clearly I realized that he was Jared, Jackie's ex husband. She told me she needed me to get him drunk but she never told me why. He came up and asked for tequila shots. I knew about what happened to his little girlfriend Natalie. I am the one who shot her. Twice.  I didn't mean to get Natalie in a coma but I guess she is. 

¨Hey, it's going to be okay.¨ I said. 

¨No, no it's not.΅ he responded. 

¨Anything I could do to help?¨ I asked. 

¨Can you get her out of the coma that she's in?¨ he asked me. 

¨No.¨ I said. 

¨Then no, you can't help.¨ he stated, walking away. 

Now I feel bad. He may have slept with my girlfriend in college. But his girlfriend's life is on the line. 

Ding! Ding! 

I hear my phone ring and pick it up, it's Jacky. 

¨Hello.¨ I say. 

¨Is it done?¨ she asks 

¨I shot Natalie.¨ I said. 

¨Yes, but is it done?¨ she asks again.

¨I did what you asked. I'm free.¨ I said.

¨Did you kill Jared?¨ she asked. 

¨Wait, what?¨ I asked

¨I told you to get him drunk and kill him."she said. 

¨Oh, yes. He is dead.¨ I said. 

¨Good, meet me tonight and you get your family back.¨ she said and hung up. 

Chapter 12 is done. Thank you for reading my book. I hope you enjoy all the changes. I want to thank those who have left comments, you have made my book so much better already.