Part 11

Continue from last part 

Natalie POV 

"You look so pretty." Izzy said. 

"Thank you for doing this. " I said to Izzy. 

"No problem, let me get ready." she said. 

"Okay I will." I said. 

Ding! 

My phone beeped beside me. I grabbed it and opened it, seeing that I had a message from an unknown number 

Unknown 6:44 PM 

Leave Jared alone or I will hurt you. 

It must be someone trying to scare me, I thought to myself. 

I blocked the number and continued waiting on Izzy.  20 minutes later Izzy came out of the bathroom with her dress on and her done. She looked really pretty 

Izzy's dress 

I wonder where she got that dress

I wonder where she got that dress. We walked out of her room and walked downstairs to see Jared at the end with a suit on. Damn, he looked good. 

"You girls look beautiful." he said and winked at me when Izzy wasn't looking. 

"Thank you, Jared." I said. 

"Thanks dad" Izzy said. 

"Yeah come on girls. We have somewhere to be." he said, putting both his arms out for us to grab. I was on his right and Izzy was on his left. We all got in the car after he locked the house door. We were driving for 10 minutes until we reached our destination. It was a big building surrounded by trees and bushes. It looked abandoned. We walked in and the room was dark. What the hell are we doing in a dark place? 

"Surprise!!!" people yelled and the lights came on. 

"Omg." I said. We were on the top of stairs and people were running up to me, giving me hugs. I saw my mom and dad sitting down at a table in the back of the room. 

"Hey, Jared." I said. 

"Yeah what is it, Natalie?" he asked walking over to me. 

"I'm going to go talk to my mom and dad." I said. 

"Okay, well I'll just talk to people around here I guess. Come see me when you are done, I need to talk to you." he said 

"Okay." I replied smiling at him. I walked down the stairs holding my dress in my hands as I walked. People were dancing on the floor and I tried my hardest not to get in anyone's way but that was hard considering the fact that they were literally spinning and twirling in the middle of the dance floor. Soon I was at my parents table. I stopped walking when I heard a loud noise. 

"Sorry everyone, welcome to Natalie's 17th birthday, first we will have a few words and gifts spoken by her parents then anyone who wants to come up here." The guy said who was in front of everyone. My parents stood up and walked to the front of the room.  

"Hi, everyone. If you don't know us, I'm Stacey Ayala, Natalie's mom. This is Giovanni, Natalie's dad. We just have a couple  words to say to Natalie. Natalie can you come up here. And Jared can you escort her up here, wherever you are." my mom said. Jared was next to me in 5 minutes and I hooked my arm in his. I held my dress with one hand while he walked with me up to the stage. Once we were there, he stood next to me but let go of my arm. 

"Thank you guys for coming up here. I just want to tell you, Natalie, that I am so glad to be your mom. You have made me so proud. I remember holding you in my arms for the first time the day you were born. Just a tiny person in my arms, now you have grown up to be a beautiful young lady. You are 17 now and according to this legal document we have in front of us, you are able to make your own choices. I know you aren't 18 yet. But since me and your father are close to the government, also thanks to the help of your father who pulled a couple strings. I love you and I know you will, but please make smart choices. Natalie, I believe your dad has some things he wants to tell you." she said. 

"Natalie, you are now 17 years old, and like your mother said, you can make your own decisions. Whatever choices you make me and your mother will stand by your side through it all. You are responsible now for your life, you can do whatever you want to do in this world. The choice is yours. I remember your 15th birthday when we asked you what you wanted to be when you grew up, you specifically said a doctor. That made me so proud because my little girl had high dreams for herself. Now what I am about to say is for you and Jared. Jared, Natalie, I know you two like each other, it's obvious. Natalie with your flirting and Jared with your spending so much money on her. I know that it's not ideal to have your best friend be with your daughter but you guys bring out the best in each other. We've been waiting to tell you this but me and your mom have a similar story. Your mom was in high school and I was a substitute teacher at her high school when I noticed her beauty. Your mom was so beautiful in high school but even more beautiful now. She was 18 I was 23. I got out of college early and decided I wanted to be a teacher. Well, after I met your mom I wanted to become a lawyer because she taught me some things and then when she graduated  I asked her to marry me. Her dad was upset at first when he saw them together but her mom calmed him down. I don't regret being with your mom and you guys are perfect for each other, Natalie, Jared loves you, I know that much. The way he looks at you proves it all. Jared, I know you will never hurt Natalie but if you do, you have me to deal with. And Natalie, now Jared has something he wants to say to you." my dad said passing the microphone over to Jared.

¨Happy birthday Natalie. I hope you have a great day. You deserve to have the best day. I just want to say thank you again to all of those who came to see Natalie. So thank you.¨ He said giving the microphone back to my parents. 

Tell me what you think in the comments. Comment and vote below.