Part 13

2 months later 

Jared POV 

It's been 2 months since I saw Natalie's brown eyes. 2 months since I heard her voice. 2 months since I've heard her call my name. 2 months since I've seen her smile. 2 months is too long. I found out that that only reason why Natalie was in the hospital in the first place was because of that douche bag in the bar, my college roomate, he shot her, now my girl is in the hospital. Turns out my crazy ex wife was behind it too, who is now behind bars. Izzy heard about the news and she did not leave Natalie's side ever. I haven't either, I've been there day and night. Right now I am just getting ready to leave to go back. 

At the hospital

¨Natalie please we need you. If you hear me move your fingers.¨ I said. I felt her fingers move. 

¨That's it, keep going.¨ I said, she squeezed my hand harder this time. 

¨Doctor, she moved.¨ I yelled. 

¨J-jared?¨ I heard her say. 

¨Don't talk.¨ I told her. 

The doctor came rushing in. 

¨She moved?¨ the doctor asked. 

¨Yes and she just said my name.¨ I said. 

¨Natalie, blink twice if you can hear me?¨ the doctor said. Soon I saw her brown eyes that I have been longing to see. 

¨You're okay. You're actually alive.¨ I said. 

¨Yes, Jared. What happened?¨ she asked. 

¨You were shot.¨ I said. 

¨Oh, where is Izzy, where are my parents?¨ she asked. 

¨Your mom died.¨ I said. 

¨Wait, what? How?¨ she asked. 

¨Your mom and dad got in a car accident. Jackie was behind it, the doctors and police say that she was dead at the scene. Jackie is now behind bars and she is not going to bother us ever  again.¨ I said grabbing her hand. 

¨Oh my god. My mom is dead, no this can't be happening. I am only 17 I can't lose my mom. What about my dad? Is he okay?¨ she asked tears falling down her cheeks. 

¨No he is not. He has been drinking ever since.¨ I said. 

¨I need to go home. When can I go home?¨ she asked. 

¨You can go home on Friday. Today is Monday.¨ the doctor said. 

¨Let me call your dad.¨ I said. 

¨Please.¨ she replied. I dialed her dad's number and he answered on the third ring.

¨Hey, Natalie woke up.¨ I told him. 

¨Oh, did she? Well, that is great.¨ he replied. 

¨Are you seriously drunk right now?¨ I asked him. 

¨Yes, but then again it is none of your business.¨ he said. 

¨Call me back when you're sober.¨ I said as I hung up on him. 

Friday 

¨Are you ready to go home?¨ I asked Natalie. 

¨Yes, I am ready to get out of here.¨ she said. 

¨Well come on then.¨ I said. Her dad decided that he didn't want Natalie anymore so he kicked her out. He said that it was her fault that her mom died. Natalie has never been the same. She still smiles but I can't find a way to get her to talk about her feelings. 

¨Jared, can I ask you something?¨ She asked. 

¨Yeah.¨ I said. 

¨Well, where am I going to stay since my dad kicked me out?¨ she asked. 

¨You're going to be staying with me and Izzy.¨ I said. 

¨So will I stay in the spare bedroom?" she asked. 

¨Yes, you will.¨ I said. 

¨Okay.¨ she said. I brought all of our bags from the party and the hospital in the back of the car. She got in the front seat and leaned her head against the window. 

¨You're going to be okay Natalie.¨ I said getting in the car She didn't answer so I sighed grabbing her hand. She let me hold on to it for the rest of the car drive. 

¨Wake up, we're home.¨ I said. 

¨Don't touch me. Leave me alone.¨ she screamed. 

¨Hey, hey. It's okay, it's just me. Jared.¨ I said rubbing her arms. 

¨Jared?¨ she asked in a small voice. 

¨Yes, no need to be afraid. It's just me. I would never hurt you.¨ I told her. I walked over to the passenger seat and picked her up bridal style carrying her inside to the spare bedroom. I laid her on the bed and she immediately grabbed my hand. 

¨Jared.¨ she said. 

¨Yes, baby.¨ I said. 

¨Can you stay with me?¨ she asked. 

¨Yes. ¨ I said laying on the bed. She moved over closer to me with her head on my chest and her armed wrapped around my stomach/waist. I put my arm around her and stroked her hair. She fell asleep instantly. I felt my eyes get heavy and I fell asleep too. 

30 minutes later. 

¨Oh my god, you guys are so cute." Izzy yelled. 

¨Damn Izzy. Do you have to be so loud?¨ I asked. 

¨Um, yeah, you're literally in bed with my best friend. You guys would make a cute couple. Dad, I know you love her. It is so obvious. You have my permission to ask her to be your girlfriend. Plus you are the best guy for her.¨ Izzy said. 

¨What happened?¨ said Natalie as she stirred next to me. 

¨Nothing, just Izzy being Izzy.¨ I said kissing her head. 

¨Aww.¨ Izzy cooed. 

So done with part 13. Please comment and vote, tell me what you think. Tell me what I could add. Thank you guys.