one-shot #22

Prompt: Hermione finds out the reader is a death-eater.

"Come now Y/L/N, we must finish this task." Draco grabbed your arm, dragging you along to the Room of Requirement. 

You just gave a sad nod, being too tired to even fight back. Little did you know, a certain pair of honey-colored eyes were following your retreating figure.

Over the summer, along with Draco, you became a death-eater. You absolutely despised the work that Voldemort  and his followers did, but considering your Dad was a death-eater, you were born for this. Your mum was dragged into everything as soon as her and your father were married. There was no escaping this fate, no matter how hard you tried.

You reached the Room of Requirement, and paced in front of it in 3 times, thinking of what you needed. The door opened, letting you and Draco in. 

"Harmonia Nectere Passus." You pointed your wand at the vanishing cabinet, chanting the incantation over and over again.

After an hour or so of work, Draco left to go back to the common room and get some rest. You, however, stayed for another few hours, late into the night, trying to repair the cabinet as fast as possible.

After leaving the Room of Requirement, you walked down the hall, took a few turns, and smashed heads with a bushy-haired Gryffindor, who was not so coincidentally looking for you.

"Sorry I- Oh. Mione, uh heyy.." You nervously rubbed the back of your neck, hoping you could get away without a scolding.

"Bloody hell, Y/N! Where have you been?" Hermione grabbed your arm, pulling you along to Merlin knows where.

"Just with friends." You shrugged, hoping she wouldn't ask who.

She scoffed. "Oh you mean Draco?" She rolled her eyes.

You cocked an eyebrow and pulled your arm out of her grip, crossing them both over your chest. "So? What if I was?"

She glared at you. "You damn well know, Y/N, that he's just trying to get in your pants! It's obvious!"

"Seriously? It's not that at all. Trust me." You shook your head, and rolled up the sleeves to your shirt, forgetting about the painful mark that spread across your arm.

Hermione's eyes widened, tears starting to pool. "Y-Y/N."

You quickly cupped her face, stroking her cheeks with the pads of your thumbs. She quickly grabbed your arms and pulled them down, taking a step back.

"Mione, what's wrong?"

"You're one of them. You're a death-eater." She spat with pure venom lacing her voice, a tone you've never heard her use. "I'm not going to date someone who works for the wizard trying to kill my best friend."

Tears fell down your face. "Mione, come on. We- we can work this out-" You went to grab her hand but she quickly retracted it. 

"No. We can't." Tears ran down her face now as well. She turned around and took a few steps before she stopped. "I'm sorry, Y/N."

She walked down the halls, trying to hide that she was breaking, and you trying to hide that she broke you.

i updated! im alive! woohoo!