one-shot #29

Prompt: Y/N and Hermione watching a horror movie. Y/N can't sleep that night and Hermione comforts them with cuddles.

A zombie popped onto the screen and Y/N screamed, flinging her popcorn everywhere. "Get it off the screen! Now!"

Her head was dug into Hermione's shoulder, the scene still playing. "Love, watch the movie, it's okay, I promise."

Hermione giggled and tried to wiggle away from Y/N, but horrendously failed. Now Y/N was laying on Hermione's lap, her head facing away from the screen, looking up at the bushy-haired girl she found so much comfort in.

Y/N sighed and turned back towards the movie, trying her best to watch it play out. That's really how it was for the rest of the night. There was a jump-scare, Y/N turned away and hid in her girlfriend's shoulder, Hermione laughed, comforted Y/N, then they went back to watching the movie.

Then the cycle repeated. Watching the movie, jump-scare, turning away and giggled, comforting, watching again, repeat. Really, it was quite funny.

Y/N had been known to be the tough one of the two, always standing up to Draco Malfoy and his cronies, never backing down from anything. She even fought a dragon with pure confidence in her fourth year after it got loose.

Hermione on the other hand, obviously was sassy and even quite rude at times, but she never wanted to or did stand up against the people who hurt her most. That was why Y/N was the perfect person for her, they had each other's backs.

Especially when Y/N was basically curled up into a ball on the bed in Hermione's dorm.

Not too much later, the movie ended and Y/N sighed a sigh of relief. "Thank Godric that's over, I don't think I'll ever be able to sleep again."

Hermione giggled and held her arms open. "Do you want to cuddle?"

"Yes please," Y/N replied with no hesitation. She leaned up and immediately fell into her girlfriend's arms, snuggling against her tightly.

Hermione pulled the blanket over the two and kissed Y/N on the top of the head. "Comfy?"

A muffled hum was heard from the latter and the two snuggled even close, if that was even possible. "Goodnight lovely."

"Goodnight Mione." Y/N smiled and closed her eyes, placing a gentle kiss in the crook of Hermione's neck.

Although she might of been comfortably situated with her girlfriend all night, Y/N slept quite awfully. On top of that, she kept waking Hermione up, which she knew would end up leaving them both in quite a bad mood in the morning.

But oh well, they slept entangled with each other all night, a small smile plastered onto Hermione's lips nonetheless.