one shot #11

Prompt: The Yule Ball is coming up. Hermione has had feelings for the reader for a while now and she finally decides to do something about them.

[POV: Hermione]

I walked into the great hall for dinner and sat down with my friends Harry, Ron and [Y/n]. I piled food onto my plate and started eating. 

"Wow, Hermione, someone's hungry today." Ron snickered.

"Shut up Ronald, it's not like you eat everything in sight." I smirked. [Y/n] giggled at my comment and I looked at her with a smile. I got lost in her beautiful blue-gray eyes. 

Harry cleared his throat and snapped me out of my gaze. "So, does anyone have a date to the ball yet?" 

"Actually, I'm going with Padma Patil." Ron smiled with a trace of confidence. 

I rolled my eyes, "I don't have a date, yet." I felt [Y/n]'s eyes on me.

"Me neither, Mione." Mione. That was her nickname for me. Every time she called me it I melted. 

"I'm going with Parvati Patil." Harry looked down. "I'd rather go with Cho-Chang but she's going with Cedric Diggory." He sighed.

I patted his back. I was sitting next to him while Ron and [Y/n] were across from us. [Y/n] stood up and stretched.

"Well, I'm heading to the library if anyone needs me." She waved us goodbye and walked off. 

I sighed and got up, "I'm gonna go catch up with her, I'll see you guys later." I waved them off and followed after her.

"[Y/n]!" I was at the other end of the hallway. 

I walked up to her as she turned around and faced me. "Hey, Mione, what's up?"

I panted a bit, "Oh, nothing just thought we could hang out. You know, get some time away from the boys."

She smiled, "Yeah, that would be nice."

I smiled at her and she giggled. She grabbed my hand and was pulling me to the library. We went into the back of the room and grabbed a few books. I sat down on the floor and [Y/n] sat down next to me. 

We spent the next few hours giggling and and talking to ourselves. That was the best time I've ever had with her. I found myself focused in on her as she read one of her books. Her eyes sparkled as they jumped from word to word. Her lips quietly mumbled the words under her breath, just loud enough for me to hear. Her hair fell perfectly in her face. My cheeks turned red and I looked away.

She cleared her throat, "You like the view Mione?"

I snapped my head towards her, "Excuse me?"

"Don't think I didn't notice you staring." She smirked as she continued to read her book.

"I uh, well.." My voice trailed off as I huffed in defeat.

She chuckled and looked at me. I met her gaze. "Fine, [Y/n]. I like you, a lot actually. Does that satisfy you?"

Her mouth gaped open. "I- actually, yes, it does." She scooted closer to me and placed her head on my shoulder. 

I smiled at her and she bit her lip. "Kiss me, Mione."

My eyes opened in shock. She picked her head up and looked at me. "Kiss you?"

"Mhm." She nodded as she got closer. 

I closed my eyes and leaned my head forward. Our lips connected and my face burned a bright red. I felt her smirk and she bit my bottom lip. We pulled apart and looked at each other. 

"Will you go to the Yule Ball with me, [Y/n]?" I raised my brow at her.

She smiled and nodded frantically like a small child. "Yes! Yes, of course Mione."

I giggled and pulled her onto my lap. Her face turned a bright red. She tried to look away but I grabbed her face and made her look at me. Her lips parted and I kissed her again. I slipped my tongue between the gap in her lips and she gasped. 

Her arms swung around my neck and I placed my hands on her waist. Our tongues intertwined and circled around each other. After a few minutes we pulled away and our breaths were heavy. 

She smirked and got off of my lap. "I'll see you later, Mione."

My heart was racing. I waved goodbye as she walked out. I placed the book on my lap and sighed with a huge smile. I did a miniature celebration to myself. Madam Pince heard me celebrating and told me to leave the library. 

I left back to the Gryffindor dormitory and flopped into my bed. 'What a nice way to end the day.' I smiled and drifted to sleep.