one-shot #15

Prompt: Hermione is put under a love spell.

I grabbed a book from the library and started reading it. I found my favorite spot in the back corner and sat down. A minute or two later I felt someone slide into the spot next to me.

"Hey darling." The figure placed a kiss on my cheek.

I looked up and met a beautiful pair of chocolate brown eyes. "Hi Mione." I smiled and nuzzled into her shoulder.

She grabbed the book out of my hand, "What are you reading?"

I groaned, "None ya'." 

She rolled her eyes and handed me the book. "I just wanted to stop by and say hello. I'm off to lunch now, care to join me?"

"I think I'm gonna stay here and read, I'm not too hungry." I placed a quick and gentle kiss on her lips. "I'll see you later though."

She smiled and kissed me back. "Are you sure you don't want to come?" She pushed the book off of my lap. "Or I could just stay here - so we could get some alone time."

I saw a smirk on her face grow. I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "Go eat, I'll see you later." I grabbed the book and started reading again.

She pecked my lips one last time and went off to lunch. 

I read for a bit longer and decided I would head to lunch before it was over. 

I entered the Great Hall and walked over to where Ron, Harry, Hermione and I normally sit. I sat in my normal seat which is next to Hermione and across from Ron and Harry. 

"Where's Mione?" I looked at the boys.

"I'm not sure, she just got up and left at some point." Ron shrugged.

"And you just let her?" I stood up and leaned over the table in Ron's face.

Harry stood up and pushed me back from Ron a little bit. "I saw her walk in the direction of the Ravenclaw table then I'm not sure where she went after that. I'll help you look for her though."

I nodded and started walking over to the Ravenclaw table. "Has anyone seen Hermione Granger lately?"

"I saw her leave the Great Hall with Cho Chang a bit ago." I heard a voice call out.

I nodded and grabbed Harry by the hand and started walking to the Ravenclaw common room. 

We answered the riddle to open the door and went up the stairs. We walked to the girl's dormitory and entered.

I saw Cho and Hermione snogging on Cho's bed.

My heart dropped. I felt my book slip out of my hand and it made a very loud noise on the ground. Both the girl's heads swiveled at the sound. 

I tried to speak but I couldn't get any words out. Harry grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the room. I immediately hugged him and he hugged me back.

"I'm so sorry, [Y/n]." He pulled back and looked at me. 

I shook my head, "Let's just go back to the dorm." I started walking and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

It was a few weeks since I had caught Hermione and Cho and I was starting to get over it. The two had been all over each other and they sat together every class. Today was different, Hermione was distant from Cho, from everyone. She sat by herself and didn't come to breakfast, lunch, or dinner. 

I looked at Harry, "Have you noticed how distant Hermione's been to everyone lately? Even Cho?"

Harry nodded, "Yeah, its quite weird if you ask me."

I shrugged, "Yeah it's whatever." I felt someone staring at the back of my head and I turned around and saw Hermione staring at me. She immediately looked away and I scoffed. 

I got up to leave and she followed me.

"[Y/n], can we please talk?" She grabbed my hand.

I pulled my hand away and scoffed. "What the hell could you want to talk about?"

"I got put under a love potion." She looked me directly in my eye.

I shook my head, "Oh, really? You just expect me to believe that?"

"Shut up and follow me." She started walking.

I reluctantly followed, but I was curious to see what she was doing. After a few minutes we arrived at Professor Slughorn's office.

Hermione knocked and Professor Slughorn let us in.

"Proffesor, I'd like you to tell [Y/n] about how I got put under a love potion. She doesn't believe me." She rolled her eyes.

"Ah, yes, Hermione was indeed put under a love potion. We suspect it was slipped into her drink at lunch the one day." Slughorn had a proud expression on his face.

My heart dropped. A small 'oh' was all I could manage to get out before I started crying. Hermione rushed next to me and put her arms around me. I gave in and hugged her so tightly.

"I-I'm so sorry I didn't believe you, I just-" I felt her press her lips against mine.

"[Y/n], it's okay, I wouldn't have believed me either honestly." She gave me a soft smile.

"You love me again?" I looked up at her.

"Please, who says I ever stopped." She kissed me once more and we left Slughorn's office.

A/n: thank you @Emmalin723 for the idea of hermione and the reader breaking up and getting back together! i hope you enjoyed:)