one-shot #12

Prompt: Ron, Harry, Hermione and you left Hogwarts to go looking for the Horcruxes. Ron and you get into a fight with Harry and Hermione and leave for a few weeks. The guilt is eating you up so you convince Ron to try and find them.

"Ron?" I walked over to him.

"Yeah, [Y/n]?" He looked up at me from where he was sat.

I sighed, "I think- No, I know, we should go try and find them." Ron shook his head at me and opened his mouth to say something but I cut him off. "It's been weeks Ronald. Please?"

He sighed and stood up. "Alright then, let's pack." 

We packed our bags then walked for what felt like years. We were tired, dirty, hungry and thirsty. It was turning to night and it was slowly getting colder. The wind picked up and bit at our noses.

"[Y/n]. I- I don't think we're going to find them any time soon. The bloody frostbite would get to us first." He stammered and his body shook. 

I stood close to him to generate more body heat, "Just keep walking Ronald, we have to find them." My eyes started watering. I couldn't tell if it was from the harsh wind, the cold, or the fact that I really missed Hermione.

After another long while of walking, we came across an iced over pond with a hole in the center. I cautiously walked over to it and saw Harry who seemed to be drowning. Ron and I pulled him out of the water and in his hands was the sword of Godric Gryffindor. 

He handed me the sword, "I need you to destroy the Horcrux. I'm gonna open the locket, and whatever comes out you need to kill it."

I looked at him and nodded in shock. "Yeah- yes, okay." I stepped back from Harry and Ron.

Harry opened the Horcrux and we were surrounded by a thick and dark gray fog. The image's of Ron, Harry and Hermione came to vision in the fog. 

'We never wanted you to be our friend,' The foggy Harry sneered.

'You'll never fit in with us.' A hazy Ron got closer to me.

'No one could ever love you.' Hermione smirked and turned to Ron. They leaned in and started kissing each other. I was staring in horror. My mouth gaped open.

"You need to destroy it!! [Y/n]?!" I hear the real Harry crying out from behind the thick wall of fog. I stood up and gripped the sword tightly. My knuckles started to turn white as I ran at the fog. I hit the sword down on the rock where the locket sat and it shattered into a bunch of pieces. 

I collapsed onto the ground in front of the rock and Harry and Ron rushed over to me.

"Oh my Merlin, [Y/n], are you alright?" Harry gave me a hug. 

"Never better." I laughed and hugged him back. "I mean, I did destroy a Horcrux, so." 

Ron came over and hugged me, "Are you sure you're alright? What did you see in the fog that made you hesitate?"

"Ron, I'm fine, really." I let out a sigh, "And I saw-" I hesitated. "I saw 'you know who'. He was staring directly at me, saying things I didn't understand. I think it was in parseltonuge?" I looked up at Harry.

"Oh, alright well, I think we should head back to the tent and get some sleep. Plus, I think Hermione would want to see you." He smiled at me and I blushed a bit.

Ron and Harry pulled me up and we started walking to the tent.

By the time we got to the tent it was the next morning. Harry went inside the tent and talked to Hermione. He told her about how the Horcrux was destroyed. He then walked outside and pointed over to Ron and me. 

My face lit up as I saw her. Ron ran over and hugged her. "I'm so, so sorry for leaving you guys." 

Hermione shoved him off of her and scoffed. 

She looked at me and met my gaze. "Hey." I fiddled with the gloves on my hands.

"You.. complete.. arse [Y/n] [Y/l/n]!" She wacked me with my own bag. "You're gone for weeks and all you say is 'hey'?" 

I took a step away from her, "I-I'm sorry Mione." I looked at my feet.

She stormed over to Harry, "Where is my wand Harry? Where is my wand!?" He quickly backed away from her. "Harry Potter, you give me my wand!" 

I ran up behind her and grabbed her hand pulling her away from Harry. She pulled back her hand and looked at me. 

"Hermione just listen-" She shook her head and scoffed. I grabbed her hand and pulled her close to me. "Hermione, please I-" She crashed her lips against mine to stop me from talking. I gasped and she pulled back.

She hugged me, "Please never do anything like that again." I felt her breath against the crook of my neck and I shivered.

"I-I won't."

She took my hand and led me inside the tent where it was surprising warm. She laid me gently down on the bed and crawled on top of me. 

I whispered, "I'm sorry."

She snuggled into my neck. "It's okay, you're okay."

We both fell asleep to the sound of birds outside, and Ron and Harry catching up in their side of the tent.