one shot #6

Prompt: "I just want to forget you!" "Then forget me!" "I can't, it's so hard."

It was a week since me and Hermione had broken up. She had told me that her family didn't approve of her dating me. She said I was the best thing that had ever happened to her, but she threw me away just like that. My thoughts were interrupted as Ron patted me on the shoulder.

"Come on, [Y/n], time to go back to the dorm." He looked at me and I sighed. I didn't want to go back to the dorm because that meant seeing Hermione. We were both in Gryffindor so having to see each other everyday made everything so much worse. I stood up and started walking. "Hey, what were you thinking about back there?" He wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

"Oh, it's nothing." My eyes started to water a bit. "I'm gonna go to the bathroom." I ran off to the bathroom and ran into the closest stall. The tears started falling. 'I just need to forget her.' I thought as I wiped my tears. It was no use, more tears fell and I let out more sobs. I heard the bathroom door open but that didn't stop me from crying.

"Hello?" I heard a faint voice get louder as they walked closer to the stall. "Are you alright?" 

I sniffled back a sob, "Yeah- yes, I'm fine." I stood up and wiped my tears. I opened the door and saw a concerned Luna Lovegood standing there. She placed her hands on my face and tears started to come even faster. I collapsed into her arms and broke down. 'No, I'm definitely not alright.'

I was laying on the ground with Luna cradling me, trying to console me and tell me it's okay. The bathroom door swung open but I didn't budge. My head was dug into Luna's shoulder and I was sobbing uncontrollably. "Oh, hello Hermione." 

I looked up and saw Hermione looking at us. I wiped my tears and bit the inside of my cheek so I wouldn't cry. I stood up and walked past her. She grabbed my arm. "[Y/n], come on, please just talk to me." I pulled my arm away and looked at her.

"You lost the ability to talk to me a week ago." I stormed out and started walking. I walked until I got to the astronomy tower. I always went there when I was upset. After sitting there reading for a few hours I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. I ignored it, thinking it would be Ron or Luna looking for me.

"Hey.." I heard a faint voice. I turned my head and saw a shaking Hermione standing there. 

I shook my head, "What on earth could you want." I felt my eyes start to water so I blinked the newly forming tears away. 

"Please, [Y/n], I just want to talk." She took a few steps over to me.

I quickly stood up, "What the hell could you want to talk about! You broke up with me remember?" I bit the inside of my cheek to stop myself from crying but silent tears rolled down my face. Hermione walked over to me and put her hands on my face and wiped my tears with her thumbs. I so badly wanted to fold and give into her warm embrace but I couldn't. I pushed her hands away. She looked down and took a step back. I could tell what I did hurt her, but what she did broke me. 

She shook her head, "I'm sorry. I'm so, so unbelievably sorry for what I did. I hurt you, probably even broke you. All for what though is the real question." I felt the tears roll down my face and I choked down a sob. 

"Just- please, just go." I turned around and let out a sob. "I want to forget you!"

"Then forget me, [Y/n]!" Tears were now running down her face too.

I quickly turned around and looked her in the eye. "I can't forget you Hermione. It's so hard. All those memories we made together I-" I let out a quick sob. "Your beautiful brunette hair, your gorgeous chocolate eyes, your soft pink lips, I just can't forget all that. Your nicknames for me, when you'd smack my arm when I distracted you from studying. Those things just don't go away." I started to walk away. 

She grabbed my hand and I turned to look at her. "[Y/n], please, I-" She let out a small sob. "I messed up. I shouldn't have listened to my parents, they don't know who or what is good for me. But I do. Merlin, I'm so, so sorry." I could feel her hand shaking. I looked down and grabbed her other hand. Whenever she was stressed I would hold her hands and rub them gently with my thumbs. I squeezed her hands and looked at her. Her lip trembled.

I put a hand on her face and pulled her into a hug. She dug her head into my shoulder and mumbled "I'm so sorry.." Over and over again.

I was rubbing her back and whispering, "It's okay, I'm fine." She shook her head.

She picked her head up to look at me, "I broke you, [Y/n]."

I gave her a faint smile, "Then you should be the one to fix me." More tears streamed down her face so I wiped them with my thumbs. We stood there for a good while just hugging and enjoying each-other's company again.