one-shot #23

Prompt: You meet Hermione's parents for the first time.

To say you were nervous for today was an understatement. Your hands were clammy, your foot tapped the ground, and your stomach was doing flips. You were officially meeting your girlfriend's parents. 

Hermione eagerly ran of the train, pulling you along with her. You swallowed down the bile that was rising to your throat. Hermione peered over the heads of everyone in the crowd of students and parents alike.

You had promised her that you would meet her parents this summer, but you didn't think the moment would arrive so soon. If you backed out now, you'd never live it down. That is, if Hermione even allowed you to live.

"Hermione, what if they don't like me, or what if-"

"I see them! Come on!" She grabbed your hand, pulling you in the direction of her parents.

You looked up and saw two people waving you over. Hermione ran up to her parents and hugged them, you awkwardly walking behind her.

You were staring at the back of Hermione's head the whole time, until a deep voice snapped you out of your trance. You looked up at Hermione's Dad, giving a nervous smile.

"Mr. Granger, it's a pleasure to meet you." You stuck your hand out, firmly grasping his and shaking it.

"Ms. Y/L/N, pleasure's all mine, from what Hermione tells us anyways." He looked at his daughter, her face being shielded by her hair.

You smiled, looking over to Mrs. Granger. You stuck your hand out, but she immediately pulled you into a hug, leaving you a bit stunned. "No need for formalities dear, call me Monica."

Both of you pulled back, giving each other smiles. Hermione beamed at you, thanking Merlin that you got along with her parents so well.

It was after dinner and Hermione had brought you to her room to relax and possibly watch a few movies. You sat on her bed, running your hands over the wooden frame that sat next to you. Hermione stood across the room, smiling at you while you examined her bed.

"Thank you."

Your head shot up, both of you immediately making eye contact. "For what, love?"

The corners of her mouth quirked into a small smile as she made her way over to sit next to you. "For treating my parents with respect. Treating them like they're my parents. I mean, they're muggles, non magical muggles even, and you treat them like everyone else. You're so good, Y/N. So kind. Thank you."

Your face lit up as she placed a kiss to your cheek. You beamed at her, taking her hands in yours. "Hermione, darling, whether they're muggles or the richest pure-bloods in the wizarding world, I will always treat them with respect. They're your parents, they made you. How could I not?"

Hermione beamed at you, small tears running down her face without notice. You brought your hands up to her face and wiped the tears with the pads of your thumbs. She wrapped her arms around the back of your neck and pushed your lips together in a soft but loving kiss. No movement, just your lips resting on yours.

She pulled back and smile. "I love you."

"I love you, Mione."