one-shot #14

Prompt: The reader finds a sad Hermione at the Yule Ball after her date left her and decides to give her the best night of her life.

Tonight was the Yule Ball. Sadly, I did not have a date. The only person I wanted to go with already was asked so there was no chance.

I flattened down the ruffles on my shiny, silk, black dress and slipped on my black heels. I grabbed my bag from the foot of my bed and made my way downstairs. 

I reached the Great Hall and I made my way in. I felt everyone staring at me as I made my way down the steps. I met a certain pair of chocolate brown eyes in the crowd and I immediately looked away.

I reached the bottom of the stairs and walked to grab a drink while I watched the champions dance with their dates.

In the center of the dance floor I couldn't keep my eyes off of a frizzy, brunette haired girl. Hermione Granger. I had wanted to take her to the ball but here she was, dancing with Viktor Krum. Here I was, standing by myself, drinking pumpkin juice.

After the champion's dance was over I found Harry and Ron sitting alone at a table together. 

"Your dates ditch you two, huh?" I smirked and let out a laugh.

"Blimey, shut it [Y/n]. At least we had dates." Ron spit out a harsh remark, but he was right.

I sighed and looked over at Hermione. There she was again, dancing with Viktor. I rolled my eyes and scoffed. She didn't even look happy with him, her smile wasn't genuine. 

I sat in between Ron and Harry and rested my head on Harry's shoulder.

"I wish I just would've asked her sooner." A deep sigh escaped my lips and I closed my eyes. 

"Don't worry, [Y/n], I'm sure there will be other times." Harry leaned his head against mine. I was to busy sulking to notice Hermione look over and get jealous at the sight of me and Harry.

I opened my eyes and saw Viktor walking away from Hermione to go talk to some Beauxbaton's girls. Hermione ran out of the Great Hall with tears in her eyes.

I immediately stood up and followed after her. It wasn't until we got to the library when I caught up to her. 

"Mione, what-" She quickly turned around and hugged me. I wrapped my arms around her and rubbed her back. "Hey, darling it's okay, what happened?"

Her sobs and voice were muffled by my shoulder. "V-Viktor left for some stupid B-Beauxbaton's girls." More sobs filled the room.

"Oh, Mione." I continued to rub her back. "I don't understand how Viktor could be stupid enough to leave anyone. Especially you of all people. He was even lucky you said yes to him." 

She pulled her head back and sniffled. I wiped her tears and grabbed her hand. "Come on, let's go have the best night of your life." I giggled and started dragging her out of the library. 

We made it back to the Gryffindor common room and I put a record on. I grabbed her hands and started to slow dance. She slowly got the idea and went along with it. My hands were on her hips and her arms were around my neck.

The dancing went on for hours along with talking and giggling. Eventually we got so tired we decided to lay on the couch.

"You didn't have to do this you know." Hermione had her head rested on my chest and I was playing with her hair.

I let out a small laugh, "Believe me Granger, I wanted to do this. Especially with you."

She looked up at me and her eyes were watering. "Thank you." She placed a small kiss on my lips and laid her head back on my chest. 

My heart fluttered and I flushed a bright pink. I felt her breaths slowly become quieter as she fell asleep, while smiling.

A few minutes later I did the same and I dreamt about this night over and over again.

thanks to @CrumlbeMumble for the idea of writing something about the Yule Ball!!