one shot #10

Prompt: You go through a breakup and Hermione is there to comfort you. You two eventually end up catching feelings and start dating.

I walked into the Ravenclaw common room and headed up to the girl's dormitory. I knocked on the door and Luna Lovegood, my girlfriend, let me in. I went to kiss her on the cheek but she swerved out of the way and walked over to her bed. 

"You wanted to talk to me?" I closed the door behind me and walked over to her.

"Yes. [Y/n], I think it would be best if we break up." She looked at me with pure pity in her eyes.

I felt tears well in my eyes. "I- Alright." I nodded and turned around.

She grabbed my arm, "I'm sorry, [Y/n]." I yanked my arm away and left the room without saying anything more.

I was walking to the library when I bumped into my friend Hermione Granger. "I-I'm sorry, Mione." I kept my head down so she couldn't see I was crying.

She tilted my head up, "[Y/n], darling, what happened?" She took me into her warm and loving embrace. 

"L-Luna broke up- Luna broke up with me." I let out a sob. 

She rubbed my back with her hand, "I'm so, so sorry dear." I nuzzled my head into her shoulder and let out another sob. "I promise it'll be okay." She whispered into my ear.

I picked my head up slightly and Hermione's chocolate orbs gazed into mine. I felt- comfort, safety, love. Her lips curled into a small smile and so did mine. 

"Come on, let's head back to the dorm." She grabbed my hand and our fingers intertwined. 

For the next couple months, Hermione hasn't left my side. She's helped me get over my breakup with Luna and be happy again.

I wrapped a blanket around myself like a cape and looked at Hermione. When I met her gaze she was already staring and smiling at me. "What!" I flushed a light pink and looked away.

"Nothing," she giggled. "You just look so happy, I love it." 

I smiled and sat down in front of her on the couch in the common room. "And you're the reason I'm this happy, you know." 

She pulled me onto her lap so I was straddling her almost. My face turned a slight pink tint. "I'm so glad I was able to help you, [Y/n]." She wrapped her arms around me and hugged me.

"Thank you, Mione. I love you." I tucked my head into the crook of her neck and smiled.

Her lips curled up into a smile. "I love you too." 

After a few minutes, we both fell asleep. The next morning, I had waken up before Hermione, so I decided to get up and plan a surprise for her. I wrote her a small note that said 'Meet me at the Astronomy Tower after breakfast, <3 [Y/n].' I went to Astronomy Tower and set up a picnic blanket with some candles and a basket filled with all of Hermione's favorite foods.

After a while of waiting up there I had heard footsteps coming from the stairwell. I smiled and made sure everything was set out perfectly.

Hermione reached the top of the steps and her eyes lit up and she smiled. She ran over and jumped on me. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" She giggled and pulled away from the hug. 

I smiled at her and my cheeks flushed, "Don't thank me, you deserve this for putting up with me the last few months."

She sat across from me and grabbed my hand. "Please, I loved spending that time with you."

I giggled and started eating some of the food from the basket. 

"No way, you got me all my favorite muggle foods?!" I nodded and continued to eat.

After a while of eating, talking, and just completely opening up to each other, Hermione climbed onto my lap and wrapped her arms around my neck. She crashed her lips against mine and I gasped. 

I pulled back an inch. "Mione, what are you-" I was interrupted by another kiss.

"When I said I loved you I meant it in this way, [Y/n]." Her pupils became huge.

I smiled, "I love you in this way too, Hermione Granger." I pressed a wet, gentle kiss on her lips.