the good, and the bad (ass)

my eyes awake slowly open when I see the bright California sun shining through the sheer curtains hanging up in our new apartment

my eyes awake slowly open when I see the bright California sun shining through the sheer curtains hanging up in our new apartment. It's just me and my mom most of the time, my dad is always gon on business trips all over the world. However my mom still isn't home much since she's a nurse...oh my, forgive me, let me introduce myself.

I'm Ash, not Ashley, just Ash. Ash Auclair. It's french, my family moved from France decades ago here to the US to Atlanta, Georgia. Then just 3 days ago, my mom got her hospitals switched and got moved to Reseda, California. Probably the most boring town I've ever seen. Half of the valley is either super rich, or on some sort of drugs. With the sound of my alarm going off on my phone, I roll over and practically fall off my mattress, that's sitting on the floor in an empty room. Oh yeah, one of our moving trucks literally somehow disappeared, and of course it was the one with all my things in it. So, all I have with me to my name is stuff I brought in a suitcase, and my motorcycle. It's ok, I've never needed much. I'm not poor, but I'm sure most definitely not rich. I could care less about the things I have so it's not a big deal.

my feet hit the cold, slick wooden floor and I make my way to my bathroom when I flip on the dim light and look myself in the mirror. This is most definitely gonna be an experience. Today is my first day at West Valley High. From what I've been able to tell, it's very different from my old school back in Atlanta. My old high school was...definitely not nearly as nice as this one. I'm honestly worried I won't look as rich as everyone else, but it's whatever. I'm just here long enough til my mom can apply for us to move back to Atlanta. I never had many friends there, but I knew my way around, and I knew people. That plays a bigger part in life than I think most people realize.

I brush my hair and flip it to the side, followed by brushing my teeth. I rinse my face with some cold water to wake me up a touch, and get dressed. I decide on wearing a Motley Crüe t shirt with super ripped jeans and fishnets underneath. I honestly don't really have a style, I just wear whatever I'm feeling at the moment...oh my that makes me sound like a pick-me girl...you know what, forget I said that. I put on some vintage motorcycle boots I got from a thrift store and grab my phone and backpack. My eye drifts to the fridge and I see my mom left a note.

"Good morning Sunshine! I hope you have a fantastic day at school today! I went ahead and made some coffee for you in the fridge. I'll see you late tonight when I get home, text me if you need anything! -Mom"

I smile at the thought of her actually maybe being able to answer her phone at work...that never happens. Regardless I take the black coffee in the fridge and chug it down pretty quick, and I text her a quick "<333" and I head outside of my apartment. I'm quickly knocked off my feet as guy my age with longish brown hair and bright blue eyes picks me up.
"Woah! I'm so sorry, are you ok?" he asks helping me up by my hand

"Yeah yeah I'm good. No problem" I answer back trying to ease the tension

"Sorry. Last time I checked no one lived on this hallway but me, I guess I'm not used to having neighbors...oh right, uh I'm Robby. I'm two doors down to the left. Well...my mom and I- nevermind."

"Well, nice to actually know people around here aren't all the typical valley special. Nice to meet you Robby, I'm Ash. Just Ash that is." I respond to him with a slight curl of the corner of my mouth.

"Well sorry to keep you, you seem to be in a hurry. If you need anything, I'm just down the hall. Unless I'm at work at Larusso's but- I'm sorry I ramble a lot. I'll see ya." He smiles and continues down the hallway. I wave goodbye and smile back. I continue my journey down the hallway to the outside world. I grab my black and grey motorcycle helmet and place it on my head and take a deep breath. I swing my leg over, and try and get myself centered to face the day. As I begin on the highway I hear the faint noise of Nirvana Smells Like Teen Spirit playing behind me. I turn my head around once I get to a red light, and see these dude roll up on sport bikes and these matching gold and black jackets. Do they say...Cobai Kia? No no...Cobra...Kai. I try and pay them no mind but one of them pulls up right next to me. He flips the glass up on his helmet and yells

"Wanna race Princess?"

I notice he has a small scar on his upper lip. Honestly looks kinda cool, and as much as I want to just ignore him...I'm not a pussy. I flip the glass up on my helmet as well and cock as eyebrow at him and give him a nod. We both turn our attention back to the road, and just like that the light turns green. We speed off with our tires spinning, weaving in and out of traffic. He ends up somehow ditching the rest of guy that were with him as we screech around a sharp curve. I cut in front of him as he runs up beside me and rides a wheelie trying to show off. While his focus is in keeping his front wheel off the ground, I allow a car to get between us, and whip myself around the car. It's a straight away from here, and the black and gold jacket dudes are no where in sight, but what is insight, is the infamous West Valley High.

I role in on my motorcycle and stop and take my helmet off. Before I can even catch my breath and turn around, low and behold the jacket dudes come rolling in across the parking lot. The pull up beside another guy, who I just saw get out of his moms car. He appears to be Hispanic, and a few other guys all wearing black and gold. Maybe this is more like Atlanta than I thought...that's when I see the guy who raced me take his helmet off. I am turn my head for a half a second and I see this tall, musicale guy with a Mohawk on top of his head staring at me from across the parking lot while dapping up his friend. How did he even fit that under his helmet..clearly I shouldn't be thinking that right now. I turn sharply on my heels and try and find my way to the office of the school to get my schedule printed off. Just about that time I collide with someone head on.

A/N: honestly I kind of feel like this chapter was really oddly written. But I needed to introduce to Ash someway..anywayyy who do you think she bumped into?

I hope you liked the first chapter!
vote, comment, and share<33