holding onto nothing

it's been about 3 weeks

it's been about 3 weeks. Almost a month ish.
Since I've been gone that is. Since then, Miguel has woken up, I've been charged with aiding and abetting of the assault of Sam Larusso and honestly Robby and I have gotten along really well..he's turned into sort of my brother in a way. We've mostly been switching back and forth from homeless camp, to the woods or random dessert area. We snuck into some people backyards once and almost got shot at by some crazy southern dude who had to have just moved here. Never again man, never again. Remember the whole Robby brother thing? Yeah well we really haven't been talking that much. It's mostly just been like general communication, and the rest has been super silent. Why? No idea. Robby I'd an interesting character who I doubt I'll ever figure out if I'm being honest. However, on a different note, in the past few weeks, I've really seen how much I've changed since I moved here. From the attitude, the hair...ew..the drama with cobra kai, I've seen how it's all affected me. Since we've been on the run I haven't wanted to even be in my own headspace. I was never a gleaming happy child, but I also never wanted to disappear. That's probably because I just blocked everything not worth remembering from my memory as a coping mechanism but...that's not the point. In the past few weeks every time I've tried to bribe someone for alcohol or something to help me cope Robby has gotten so mad at me. I know very little about his mom, but I guess that's where it comes from. Addiction runs in my family so it's probably not a bad thing that I'm not in with that mix anymore...but damn sometimes I miss it.

I'm sitting up on a hill at a homeless camp. It's pretty sunny today, well it's California so that just sounds dumb. Anyways, Robby went to go check something at the car. I tilt my head up from my hood and I see him cover his head with his hood again before approaching back to me.

"Come on." He mumbles quietly.

"What? Where are we going?" I ask as he helps with up off the ground.

"I wanna go see my mom. And you're coming with." He says flatly.

"Isn't that like a risk-"

"I don't give a shit. Let's go." He declared leading me behind buildings away from the parking lot.

"But- Robby what about the car? Where even is your mom?" I frantically question

"It's been long enough Larusso would notice the car. I took care of it, long story short, we aren't using it anymore. Second, rehab. Let's go."

I keep my mouth shut the rest of the way. I don't even know where this place is.

"Mr. Larusso put my mom in the rehab facility around. I need to see her..she needs to know I'm ok." Robby mumbles on after some silence.

"Don't you think I'd be ok on my own for a bit? I mean it has been quite a while-"

"No. You're coming with me. End of story."

I wonder what my parents think. Since I ruined there pretty little picture perfect family, I wonder how they're handling things. I wonder if they're trying to cover it up and forget I exist, or if they're clawing at each other's throats over it, or if they're completely distraught...probably a mix of all of it honestly.

I wonder how Tory is..she's been on my mind a lot. Aisha..Hawk even..

I've been able to hear pieces of gossip about Miguel, that's how I heard he woke up. Everyone talks about it and knows about it. I might try and go see him sometime soon..

After literally like a solid 2 hours of walking and mentally cursing at Robby, we arrive at this glorious rehab facility.

We walk in the back door to the "garden" and Robby tells me to wait behind the gate or towards the parking lot..that way I'm not seen as easily. I see him sitting and talking to his mom..they seem so at peace.

My eyes drift to a corner and that's when I see..Lucy?

A girl with a short black hair cut with pale icy skin and bright blue eyes and a nose ring laughs while sitting at a table. She takes a sip of her water showing her perfect teeth. I approach the gate closer when she tilts her head just enough to catch a glimpse of me. Or..the new me, whatever the hell I am now.

I see her excuse herself from her table and I curse under my breath and hide behind the gate.

"Ash? Is..is that you?" I hear her voice from in front of the gate. I make my way around the corner cautiously.

She looks like exact same as when I last saw her and Carol's funeral. Just..happier.

"no fucking way..." she says running over and engulfing me in a hug.

"How are you! Are you ok?" She asks examining me. I probably look at smell horrible..

"I uhm...wow. I'm sorry I just wasn't expecting to see you here at all...I'm not even supposed to be here well..it's a long story." I say trying to smile

"What are you doing here?" Lucy asks among many other things

"Well I moved to California about 2 months ago..today however though I'm just visiting someone..uh you?" I ask not realizing how insensitive that might've come across.

"Well so uh..after uh..Carol, passed away and we all kind of split up I uh...went through a patch where I wasn't myself I guess. Got in with the wrongs crowd. Did some wrong stuff. Got pretty addicted to stuff. People and substances..and my parents moved out of state to Nevada and then sent me here about a month ago when my dad got a new job.." she says playing with her fingers.

"You look...so, so incredibly good Lucy." I say admiring her

"Thanks Ash...uh forgive me asking but..what's up with the hair?" She asks giggling

"Long...long..story." I say trying to move on to the next question.

"Well I've got to get to my yoga class inside, however, please do come visit me more often. I don't have phone while I'm here but please, Ash I miss you." Lucy says while latching into my hands tightly.

"I miss you too Luce." I say smiling

We say our solemn goodbyes and I deeply exhale, not even being able to contemplate what just happened. It felt like I was Old Ash for a second...that was just pure joy seeing her again..speaking of seeing people again, I look out into the back parking lot, and 2 cop cars pull in...oh shit...along with...

the man. the myth. the motherfuckin legend.

Daniel Larusso.

A/N: more Ash backstory content? Yes or no? Happy Thursdayyyy! Happy Easter everyone as well!! If you don't celebrate Easter, I still hope you have a "Happy" weekend! Much love!!

vote and comment!!