did you miss me?

"Sensei Kreese

"Sensei Kreese...uh..I'm sorry I didn't realize anyone was here...I'm sorry I'll leave.." I answer frantically

"Darling you're fine, this is your home too. I just have some paper work to finish doing..is everything ok?" He asks calmly

"Yes...no...I think so, there's just..a lot I have going on in life right now. I'll make it through though."

"I know you will. I don't just train you kids for physical fights. I train you because life will put up the biggest fight of them all. It'll give you hell. But if you come out on top, there's nothing to worry about. Cobra Kai Never dies. Now, I've gotta head out for a bit and pick up someone. Ill return in a few hours to finish my paperwork. Take your time child." I silently give him a nod taking in all of his words and watch him as he walks away from the door.

"Oh and Ash, don't worry about your parents. They will never bother you again. Unless you decide to engage with them. I told you I'd take care of you." He sends me a sly smile.

Oh dear God...did he threaten them? Did he...why the fuck am I worried? That should be the last thing I'm worried about here...right Lucy's parents.

My thumb hovers over the call button before it collided with my screen. Ring after ring, I await a voice.

ring

ring

ring

ring

"Hello?" A voice echos through the empty dojo

"Uhm hi, Laura? Is that you?"

"Yes...this is Laura, and who am I speaking with?" She questions

"It's Ash, Ash Auclair. Lucy's fri-"

"Ash? My stars..I'm not sure if I should happy or upset that you contacted me. What do you need? How did you get my number?"

"I need to find Lucy. It's an emergency. I know she was at the rehab center, and I know she was released. I know she visited Xander." I hear her sharply intake a breath

Lucy's mom took care of me often as a child. She was..kind, and sweet. She always smelled like cinnamon, and was very intimidating. That is, until Lucy was arrested for drug possession. She hasn't been the same since. She treated Lucy as if she was a horrible person, and not a troubled child. She only sent her to rehab to get her out of the house. They have a fair share of money, and even though she saw her daughter as a failure, she wasn't planning on having a Brotherton out on the street. After all, she is their only child.

"477-245-0009. Ash, I'm trusting you. Against my better judgement." I quickly hit the number down in my notes, but just as my mouth opens to speak, she hangs up.

Good to talk to you too Mrs. Brotherton.

I call Lucy, and she answers. She sounds relieved to hear my voice. We spend hours talking to each other. Longer than I thought actually. We come up with a plan to meet up first of the week after school because my suspension ends that week.

I'll go in and talk to Xander and come up with a plan to get him out.

Whatever that means.

My conversation with Lucy is interrupted when I here a jingle on the door, and a familiar brown haired boy, as well as Sensei Kreese enters the dojo. Is that...

"Robby?" I question as my eyebrows furrow

I jump up and hug him, knowing he's not the biggest fan of physical touch.

"Ash, hey." He says softly as he wraps his arms around me.

"What..what are you doing here, how are you here? How are YOU? Oh my goodness I have so many questions..."

Robby opens his mouth to speak but Sensei Kreese speaks before him.

"Ash, let the boy breathe. He's going to be staying here tonight." Sensei Kreese walks in the back assumingely to set up Robby a place to sleep.

"I got released early on good behavior..Sensei Kreese is the only one I could think of to call..why didn't you answer my emails? You're ok, right?" He says while examining my body

"Yes uh I'm fine. My parents are under investigation..and Hawk's mom took me in..as a foster kid for the time being. I've got other shit I've gotta handle but I can tell you about that later..." I lie about the latter.

" so I'm sorry things have just been..all over the place." Robby grimaces whenever I talk about Hawk. I know he doesn't like him. It would kill Hawk if he saw me here with Robby..

I head to the back of the dojo with Robby to setup his cot.

There's been a lot he's missed. I update him on Miguel, the dojo feud, I avoid the topic of Sam, and he catches me up on things that happened in jail.

The fights, when he saw his dad at the soup kitchen, when his dad was supposed to come visit him..

I helping him lay a blanket over his cot while we talk.

"Oh, there was this one dude who helped me out a lot in jail. His name was Xan-"

"What. The. Actual. Fuck. Is going on here." A deep voice says from outside of the door frame.

Oh shit.

A/N: dun dun dunnnn this is a little off course of the schedule of season 3 but. You dudes were real quite last chapter ....you guys ok??

THANKS FOR 30K READS, YOU GUYS ARE INSANEEEE

much love <333!!!!

vote and comment!