catch a glimpse of you

"DEMETRI! I JUST WANNA TALK WITH YOU ABOUT SOMETHING!" I yell trying to keep up with this scrawny little dude

"DEMETRI! I JUST WANNA TALK WITH YOU ABOUT SOMETHING!" I yell trying to keep up with this scrawny little dude. And by little, he's definitely not. He's actually quite tall which was very surprising. Despite my valiant efforts, he keeps running. Soon I realize he started running in circles around a hallway...so I decided to be smart. I hid in a near by janitors closet thinking maybe I could pop out of it when he came around the corner. Sure enough, pop out I did.

"GOTCHA!" I yell as if I just caught a Pokémon in my mind.

"PLEASE DON'T KILL ME I STILL HAVE TO FINISH THAT NEW ATTACK ON TITAN EPISODE!" He says dramatically

"Dude I love AOT." I say standing up helping him off the ground since I legit football tackled him.

He cowers away "w-what?"

"Yeah obviously! Why'd you run from me man? I thought we were cool?" I question

"WE, were cool. Until you joined Eli's, or ExCusE mE, HAWK'S gang of tough guy Neanderthals with no regardless for personal space and-"he rambles on, talking in words that my brain can't fully process.

"Hey, not all Cobra Kai's are like that...as for Halw..I think he has some issues of his own he needs to work out-"

"Oh save it, I knew him since we were 6!! Yet you've known him for less than a week and already rush to his defenses. You're just like every other chick who drools at his feet. You know NOTHING about him. So please, save it for someone who actually cares." He declares swiftly walking away

"Actually..I was wondering what you COULD tell me about him. I'm new, obviously, and I'm not trying to fall into the wrong crowd ok...I just..wanna make sure things go ok here. Can you help me? Please?"

"Alright listen. Eli and I were bestfriends from the time we were kids. Both unpopular nerds. He got bullied because of the scar he's got on his lip, because he was born with a cleft lip, meanwhile I was bullied just for being me. We did everything together. That is, until Miguel came along. He's fine don't get me wrong. It's just the people around him. He started taking karate at Cobra Kai and thought he became some crazy badass, and then people followed. Eli being one of them. Then the Sensei there bullied him for his lip as well, and then he fLippEd tHe ScriPt whatever the hell that means and decided to go all tough guy emo 80s rocker combo and change his name to what was it again? Pigeon? Crow? Dove? Oh yeah, Hawk. He even got tattoos which I'm SURE you've seen.-"

"Hey what's that supposed to mean-"

"Not the point Ash. The point is, he's changed. He changes everyone around him to. Now all he does is try and punch me, or make fun of me now. That's all he really tries to do anyone. Not to mention the crazy Sensei's they have now. All they do is support violence, and cruelty. They're monsters. That's why I joined Miyagi-Do. It's karate, and I still don't like it..my bone structure isn't exactly cut out for it, *he starts to whisper* I was a rebel and spit out my calcium gummy vitamins as child! But hey, it's karate! And I mean I don't really understand it all, or why people just...love..punching stuff, but at least it isn't Cobra Kai." He says rolling his eyes at the end.

"Wow..I mean I understand both sides..but I'm really sorry to hear about..well. everything. I promise I won't be like them. You never have to be afraid of me. I've been through shit. shit I don't like to talk about. But I try and not let the negativity of it effect other people. I'm sorry Demetri. I really am. However, I gotta get to class. Maybe I'll stop by and check out Miyagi Do at some point!" I say slightly lying through my teeth at the last part. I turn away and head to class. I mean, I understand. I really do, but cobra Kai is in fact meant for tough people...and Demetri isn't exactly...tough what so ever. It's all good though. I'll figure it out- my thought is interrupted by being yanked by a strong hand into a closet.

"Believe it or not this is the second janitors closet I've been in today." I blurt out on accident

"What. The hell. We're you doing." He growls.

Hawk.

"Doing what?"

"YOU GOT OUT OF ROBBY FUCKIN KEENES CAR, AND THEN RAN SCREAMING DEMETRI'S NAME, AND THEN YOU SAID YOU MIGHT CHECK OUT MIYAGI DO? I can't believe you right now" he yells vigorously

"Hawk just calm down-" I say putting my hands on his chest

"NO! I won't calm down, for a second I thought you were actually worth my time. I thought you were different." He says punching the metal cart next to him

"You thought I was worth YOUR time? What about all the heat I'M taking fro hanging out with YOUR dojo?"

"THAT'S YOUR OWN CHOICE!!!"

"THEN WHY ARE YOU UPSET IF IM TALKING ABOUT CHECKING OUT ANOTHER DOJO?"

"BECAUSE THEY'RE THE ENEMY!!" He screams pulling a hand on my neck

"They're the enemy. And I don't, want to lose to them. They don't deserve you." He barely whispers through his teeth.

with that he storms out the door. I glance over and see my clothes folded neatly, along with my shoes from Moon's house..maybe I didn't forget them...maybe he grabbed them on purpose.

It's after school. Nothing really happened except some kid almost made the biology lab explode. I outside of school when I suddenly realize I need a ride...shit. I step onto the pavement when someone almost runs me over.

a motorcycle pulls up and he throws me a helmet and nods for me to get on. Everyone literally will not stop staring. If he's ever gonna kill me, it's gonna be now, but honestly I'm more scared NOT to go than to go...fuck it.

A/n: ayo this is a tad shorter but I wrote it super quickly, and decided to do a time skip which I H A T E doing but it's ok. How are you dudes todayyy! I never wished happy birthday jacob on here, so happy late birthday haha! I hope you guy have a fantastic week!!

vote, and commentttt