save yourself

TW!!! Mentions of SA and other themes in this chapter.

Shit shit shit shit SHIT.

it's Miguel.

The Miguel who I literally left to his own devices against Robby, who was already pissed off this morning, the Miguel who I essentially got killed cause I snapped at Robby. Cause I didn't help him. What the hell do I do.

His jaw is just dropped to the floor,

"A-ash! Holy shit.." he exclaims a little too loudly

I run over to him and cover his mouth

"DUDE CHIL!" I whisper yell

"sorry" he mumbles with my hand over his mouth

"wait...I can't believe you came to see me! This is so great man...I've uh..I've missed you? I mean I've been out of it for a while but.." he rambles on

damn it...I can't lie to the poor he just got out of a coma and might need surgery...

"Yeah! You know I'd always come to see you man. My man bestie, number 1 supporter dude." Where the hell did that come from.

"Uh..huh...did you see Hawk? He was just in here. He really mis-"

"Yeah so I'm trying to not get arrested right now..cause I've been charged with aiding and a bedding..and if I'm caught I don't know what will happen to me."

"Hawk said you can pay a bond, and pay some restitution. It's not a crazy charge you've been charged with. Hell they let Tory go. I don't even understand why you ran in the first place." He furrows his eyebrows

"I don't know, instinct I guess. All the instances I've had with the cops where either..with my parents..or just you know random stuff with friends.."

I hear a slight knocking  at the door and I whip my head around in surprise.

"Yeah so just keep on eating that apple suave kid, and you'll be back to normal in no time." I say pulling my mask up again and sending Miguel a wink and disappearing.

"Wait- uh...I mean..thank you doc. Heyyy Nurse Cynthia...new IV? Cool deal..." I hear him nervous laugh.

I run out of the hospital after I threw the doctors gear in the men's bathroom trash...maybe he'll *find* it there.

I pull my hood up again and suspiciously continue on my journey. Not that big of a charge eh..
____________________________________

"Hey! Leave him alone!" A female voice screeches

"You brought another damn man in my house?" A male voice echos

The sounds of punches and groans echo through the hall

"Don't even act like you haven't had your little work WHORES in MY house. Since when is this YOUR house it's OUR-"

"It'll never be OUR house. It never WAS. Cause you can't bare with the fact that I'm gone, but you sure as hell enjoy the fact that you don't even HAVE to work. You just avoid confrontation from YOUR daughter." He bellows

I sneak out the bedroom window to escape the noise to the roof of the city apartment.

A male presence is next to me.

"Hey Xan."

"Hey G...I'm sorry." He says comfortingly

"It's ok Xander. This is the least loud it's been in quite a while."

"Hey you want me to call the gangs? We can go screw around down town. I got some good stuff in the backpack from the boys." He winks

"Fuck it. Give me whatcha got." I say while downing the handful of pills he gave me with the water that's been drunk out of by Lord knows who.

Xander was a drug dealer. And was in a gang...and was very, very violent. But around my group of friends, he was as soft and protective as one could be. He's the only guy I've felt like I could trust. He's been there for me since I was a kid.

I remember meeting up with Carol and Lucy. It's all fuzzy. I remember Xander carrying me away from this..party? Carol with her hands behind her back and telling us to run.

I remember blood, and the feelings of hands on me, and a sweaty body next to me. I woke up tucked neatly in my bed, nice and clean, with bruises on my forearm and new clothes.

Whenever I asked Xander or Lucy or even Carol about it, they said it was best I not remember, and to never ask Xander what he did about it.

That is until I saw what was on the new the next day.

*Ma'leek Jones charged with rape of a 16 year old girl at a downtown Atlanta gang party before being brutally murdered by stabbing by Xander Jones charged with 1st degree murder near the party party scene. Lucy Brotherton charged with possession of illegal cocaine. Details of the female who was raped have not been released as her face was not caught in camera, however the act was taped."

That...that was me. I feel like my soul my come out of my body. My best friend killed his own brother after he..

I break down in tears. I'm shaking. The world is spinning and I can't stop it.

"There's breakfast on the table honey." My moms says watching me clutch my chest as I scream. With that, she closes the door.

_________________________________

Sure enough, I get to a place where I can check the news in a old ass newspaper. The total of my bond and restitution is 7,000 dollars. How the hell can I get 7,000 bucks...or actually my bad, it's 5,000 if I turn myself in. Or 3 months in jail, same as Robby. Damn...what has my life turned into..I can't stay here. I can't keep running.

or can I.

A/N: hiii I'm sorry I have a ton of homework this week so this is a tad shorter, and is mostly backstory. Don't worry more Ash and Hawk content soon to come. Much love, and I hope you have a phenomenal week!!!

p.s. if you haven't seen the newest video on Jacob's TikTok...go watch it...:)

vote, and comment!!