🌊 XXVII 🌊

"Water is what gives us life"

27|THE HEALING OCEAN

The ocean around her is like life itself and in a way it is. When her fingers touch the water she finds herself at home, as if nothing in this world nor the next can ever harm her again. Isolde's worries and pain has all been taken away from her, with only the smiles and happiness remaining. There she can be free and joyful and the one that she's meant to be. The water brings her these feelings like never before, and it makes her feel like the whole world is gone and only she and the ocean are left.

It comforts her in ways that nothing else has ever done in her life. The warmth from the ocean brings her happiness, and she continues to play with it. Not seeing nor noticing that she is being watched. Not only by Ahmeya but also Dimitri who stares at her with a strange look, yet the smirk is there on his face. Neither one of them did anything but watch the girl and only one unaware of the other one, yet they were both there and stared at the girl who I admired the ocean as if she were seeing it for the first time and perhaps in this light she was.

In Isolde's mind she's experiencing the ocean for the first time in her life. Even when she has gone to the ocean before, and she has been there for quite some time. Yet, this is the first time that she's truly feeling like she's sensing the ocean itself. The life force that flows through the waves and moves in motions that she might never even understand. It is life itself, and it is a power, and only she is feeling it run through her veins as if it had connected to her blood.

The girl does not care for the rest of the world nor the battle that is taking part only some miles from her. It seems to be the furthest thing in her mind at the moment as if nothing else but the ocean matters. The creature is still on her arm, and now she's finally opening her eyes and seeing it. Her eyes are able to see once more and this time she sees the light before her vision turns normal. The creature with the ocean in the background being the very thing that her eyes land on when they adjust.

While normally the stubborn Princess would most likely wish to try the being on her arm off her and possibly even try to find something to stab it with or throw it as far away from her as possible to not get eaten or killed, she finds that she allows it to stay. This creature that has a strong bond to her almost. It is slimy, it can be seen on its whitish paled skin flesh. It is a jellyfish of some kind, but even Isolde would not be able to tell what it is exactly.

It has these strange tentacles that are wrapped around her arms, and yet they do not hurt her. They stay in place to keep the creature there, but it does not harm her and nor does it have any plans on doing so. Instead, it is there to keep her alive. For like the girl sees the creature and the ocean she also notices the blood around her and the blood that she's losing. In a matter of seconds it takes for her to realize that she's dying, and yet she does not feel any pain of any kind, none at all.