🌊 XL 🌊

"Without the breath of fresh ocean breeze, the world would feel gloom"

40|THE NAME AND THE WIFE

For a single moment silence was louder around the two of them. Both Poseidon and Isolde are ones that always battle for the silence to speak. Either to say some genius or doing all they can to hide their emotions. Both of them rival for the change to say the most clever thing, and they do not even know that they are doing it, they do it without thinking. The silence between them can only mean that the tension which has raised is only growing stronger. Isolde can only think of his words. Her mind taking apart his words, letter by letter.

Her mind is putting them back together to make sense of them. To understand what he means. Even when she has done that. The words have passed through her mind a thousand times. She cannot make sense of them. Isolde can understand the words but as a context she cannot understand what he meant. That she is a Goddess, and she has another name, which shocks her even more than the Goddess part of it. Her whole life all that she has ever been is Princess Isolde, the girl that got in trouble and spoke out of turn, the clever girl that others were intimated by.

She sits there and stares at him. Unsure of what he tells her is the truth. Then again she cannot recall any moment where Thomas has lied to her. Withheld the truth from her. Yes. Kept secrets from her and then told her later. Definitely. Lied to her. She doesn't think so. Thomas simply is not that kind of a man. He is an honest man and a King. That she has seen. He deeply cares for his subjects and that can never be taken away from him, his love for his subjects.

It does not matter what kind of a subject it is, a creature, a fish or anything in between, he cares for them. He wants to be the King that they would be proud of. Isolde may not understand feelings that much, but she can understand how he feels about his subjects. He cares and none can say anything otherwise. The emerald green-eyed girl eyes him carefully, but she can tell that he spoke the truth. That fact alone does make her feel worse about this. That she might actually be some Goddess and a Goddess of the ocean for that matter.

Isolde then lets out a sigh. "I do not understand, how can I be a Goddess and never know of it?" Isolde asks him finally. It have been a couple of minutes since either one of them had spoken after he had dropped that on her. "Magic is unpredictable. There are times that it can be freed later in life. Though, your magic has always been there inside your body. Your heart has always felt it, and you connected with it" He tells her. She thinks of his words for a moment, as she did before but not for as a long period of time.

"If I had connected with this magic Goddess thing inside me, then I should have known about it. I am certain that you are aware that you are some... some... well I do not even know what you are, but you have always known what you are, correct?" Isolde asks the King. A flash of pain flashes before his eyes which the girl does catch before it goes back to the usual look. Where he hides his emotions much like she does. Poseidon does not answer her for he fears admitting the truth.