🌊 XLIV 🌊

"If the ocean hasn't claimed you, don't go to get claimed"

44| A MOTHER'S LOVE

The Queen stares out into the distance from the window of her bedroom. The forest which she stares upon is so still and silent that one wonders if the time is even going by the world at all. It does go by, according to the life that is not that far away from the forest. The upper and lower towns of the kingdom. The peasants living their lives and the guards protecting the kingdom and their King as is their duty. She stares out, not looking for anything nor at anything, but at everything. This habit she passed onto her youngest daughter, who longed for the world.

Her daughter never knew where she did get the habit to wish to be out in the world, and the Queen was not about to tell her. For the truth would have put both of them to death. It is a mother's wish to keep her children alive and to protect them with all that she has. Even hide the truth that could change and end their lives. The Queen's eyes stare out into the distance. Perhaps waiting for the return of her youngest daughter, who has not yet been found after her disappearance.

The day is cold, it is not a day to be outside for the Royal family. Her youngest child plays on the ground with the nanny in the room that the Queen is in. When it is her youngest child that will take the Throne, it is her second child whom she loves the most. A mother does not choose which child she favors the most, and she does not speak of it. Yet, the child that was conceived as her second is the one that she has always favored to be her best. Though never was the woman able to tell her that.

For the girl was out of control. Taking after her true father. The Queen knew that she had to protect her daughter. Ruling her as the wild girl and the mischievous girl. If she were branded as the mad child of the King, then they would never know the truth of her heritage. The Queen worries for her second child, the child that she has always deeply cared for and loved. The child that is more special than anyone could have ever known and the child that is gone from her protection and sight to somewhere that she cannot find.

As she stares into the distance, the trees do not move, and yet they bring her comfort. The rest of the world behind her is not even there at all. The nanny and her son are barely heard the longer that she stares out there. If minutes or hours pass, the Queen does not know. It is not until something moves in the forest which breaks her focus. The movement is small, but she notices something in the trees. Upon looking closer, she noticed it are their own guards. The guards that were sent with her eldest daughter on her journey out to sea.

Gasping when she sees more of them, she is quick on her feet and runs towards the door. With the nanny calling after her and the maids as well, along with the guards stationed by her chambers at all times. They run after her as they sense her distress. None of that she cares for as she runs the hallways towards the Throne room. Reaching the room and seeing her husband sitting on the Throne. A couple of the guards that went along with their daughter have already reached the Throne room and bow before their King.