🌊 I 🌊

"As calm as the waves"

1|LAUGHTER AND JOY IN THE OCEAN BLUE

Her laughter ran around Isolde as her feet take her running on the sandy beach. The smile on her face is unlike anything as the four year old child runs with joy in the sand. Her bare feet sinking slightly into the sand before she has taken off a again with the laughter escaping past her pale lips. The cold wind biting hard on her skin yet not once does it other her. Her feet take her as fast as they can running after her older sister who runs a bit ahead of her but does not lose sight of Isolde.

The joy inside her small body shining bright through her happy face with love and innocence. Her panting breaths grow wider the longer that she goes and the longer that she runs. Her dark blue gown flowing behind her as she runs. A golden crown on top of her mess of a hair on her head showing sign that she is of Royal blood. Isolde runs after her older sister but as she was about to catch her she runs even faster and the young child Princess loses her once again but she can only laugh as she continues to run.

As she is running a sound comes to her ears. A sound coming from the ocean that is not that far from her as she stands o the beach. Coming to an halt she looks over at the ocean in confusion as the sound fills her up and makes her curious. Her tired legs take her over to the small and soft waves as they are in motion on the beach. Her older sister running far away from her and not seeing how the child has stopped and is now looking at the ocean with her large eyes.

Isolde stands there as the waves slightly toes her bare toes with joy and as soon as the contact as been made it is as if this happiness flows on the ocean. Her legs take her deeper into the ocean and as her knees are deep beneath it this wonderful feeling runs through her like never before and she picks up the laughter. She sits down not caring much how she grows cold from the ocean or the wind nor if she has ruined her gown as she doesn't care much for those things. Her body is somehow compelled to be in that ocean and allow it to slowly move her deeper into the water.

Her small fingers play with the water and watch it leak down when she lifts her palms up from the water and laughs as it does this. Playing with the water for some time she then stands up and walks even deeper into the waves. Not once do they stop or hold her back as she walks on. The water going higher up her body as she walks and soon the only thing keeping her floating is her legs kicking and her hands waving around underwater.

Her small body so cold that she can barely move but not once does the smile leave her face as the cold doesn't seem to bother little Isolde that much. But as the waves may seem calm they are larger now than they were on the shore and as she goes further away from the beach her body feels much smaller. The waves crash against her face and pull her down into the depths and as she is under the water she tries to swim to the surface with her lungs burning inside her chest as she is running out of oxygen.

Isolde's body is on the verge of giving up but then out of the blue she finds herself able to breathe and her eyes open to look at a man in front of her. His large hands have wrapped themselves around her small body and he holds her and cradles her in his arms before the two of them float to the surface and as her head comes above the water she lets out a breathe and the tears are running down her small face and mixing in the with the salt water of the ocean and getting lost forever.

The man smiles sweetly down at her as she looks at him. His arms still hold her above the surface and the cold seems to leave her body as if it was never there at all and as he his hands let go of her she floats to the sandy beach on her own by the waves and when she walks on the sand her gown and herself have no trace of ever being wet from the salty water. Her body turns around to face the ocean and the man but she doesn't see him and in confusion she wishes to turn back to the ocean as something pulls her.

The ocean waves push her out as if it doesn't want her to be in the ocean at the moment and as her older sister runs to her and takes her into her arms Isolde's eyes can only look out into the ocean and somehow she can feel in her body that things have changed within her and while she may not be able see it but the man still is there and he remains in the ocean where he watches her grow further and further away from him.

He looks at her with a smile on his face and then a smirk appears and when the small four year old child has disappeared from his sight he can only remember what it was like to hold her in his arms and soon he will once again. The crown on his his head is the last thing that goes into the water as he goes deeper into the darkness in the ocean as he  can only wait for his Princess which he will make a Queen one day and he can only wait for the time to come.