🌊 XVI 🌊

"Raindrops are quit until they hit the ground"

16|CRY ME A RIVER

Seahorses like any other creatures have different species of themselves and often they are small and adorable but there are also dark and evil ones. Like all forms in the world there always has to be two sides of the scale so the world is balanced and seahorses are no different. One seahorse species is different from the rest for their size is larger and their venom is much more deadlier to all sea and land creatures alike and will not hesitate to attack anyone if they need to defend themselves or if they have grown bored which makes them even deadlier as they kill for sport.

Still the ocean is filled with dark and evil creatures and seahorses have the deadliest poison but they are not the most deadliest creatures there. There are much darker and much more evil creatures and even the King himself can get frightened of them, even if they would never hurt him. And he would never admit that to anyone. Poseidon stands in front of a hidden cave in the deepest trench that the ocean has which has not yet been discovered by anyone alive as broken ships scatter the bottom of it and even if one were to make it there, they would not last for a long time.

None said the ocean was not a dangerous place. The cave's mouth is large yet hidden from rocks that stand tall and it is easy to miss yet the King knows the ocean like the back of his hand and he knows where to go. His only regret is that he did not have the antidote at his castle. He does make a mental note inside his head to be ready for anything that were to happen. While he is an immortal being, his soon-to-be wife is not and she is human and she can get wounded and she can be killed.

The only way for Isolde to become immortal is to marry him. Though for Poseidon it is going to be a long road for not only is she too stubborn but it would appear that she is always getting herself into trouble. Still some of that trouble is because of him while others are not. Yet a life with Isolde by his side is not going to be a dull one. The cave is empty for that is what one would think. Seahorses are masters at camouflage, even those who are greater in size.

One might not see how they were right in front of their face or beside them. Seahorses move slower and they make no sounds when they move their fins yet at the same time they are patient killers. Poseidon does not fear walking into that cave in the dark, not only for the ocean gives him sight and he can see all the seahorses that are around but also because they cannot harm him and he is their King which means they would not dare to touch him.

"The King has blessed us with his glory" "The King has returned" "Long live the King" The voices of the seahorses echoes through the cave, which connects to many of them and the cave system can go on forever. Their voices muddle together to the point where some words are not heard and some hard to hear. The pride on Poseidon's face is one of arrogance and he knows it himself, though this King is rather narcissistic at times and tends to think himself above all else. He can see them bow their heads as he makes his way through the tunnels of the cave.