Chapter 1: A Year Later

The year is now X793. It has now been one whole year since the battle against the Alvarez Empire and Black-winged Acnologia. A lot has happened since then.

"It is my honor to introduce the winner of this year's Kemu Zaleon award for best new writer... Lucy Heartfilia for the 'Adventure of Iris'!"

Sounds and echoes of congratulations and claps roared throughout the building. The person in question, Lucy Heartfilia, sporting an elegant, dark red strapless dress, has just won a literary prize for writing a novel. She always aspired to be a novelist and today is that day!

"This is wonderful! I heard the main character is based off the author's experiences!", exclaimed a man congratulating Lucy.

"And she is such a lovely and poised woman," continued another man. They both shared a laugh.

Similar conversations could be heard throughout the party about Lucy's novel, particularly that it was based on the one and only Fairy Tail guild. The similarities between the novel's story and Fairy Tail were confirmed as soon as the people took notice of a pink-haired guild member sitting on the table, practically scarfing food down his mouth. A blue cat was sitting on a pile of fish, consuming them. Another guild member was practically naked, just wearing his boxers. Then another guild member was even consuming the plates and glasses! They certainly got weird and curious glances from other people. Truly, Fairy Tail is a unique bunch.

An annoyed Lucy approached the pink-haired man and gave him an earful.

"Natsu, jeez! I let you guys come here because you said you would behave yourselves! Remember?!"

"Impossible!", exclaimed the man now known as Natsu.

"Aye!" Happy, the blue cat, jumped up. These two were a playful and excited bunch.

"Come on, you were supposed to dress up for this, Natsu." A man just in his boxers waved his hand at Natsu's attire, his signature outfit.

"You are one to talk, Gray..." Lucy gave a judgmental glance at Gray's clothes, which really just consisted of a boxer. Gray has this odd habit of stripping out of his clothes without being aware of it.

"You're not even dressed at all, you jerk!" Natsu butted heads with Gray.

"Huh?! Say that again!"

"Wanna throw dow-"

"Don't you dare ruin Lucy's night of happiness!" Erza kicked and sent both of them flying.

"Gray, my darling... I'll take my clothes off too." Juvia proceeded to strip her own clothes, attracting the attention of several male audiences.

"And of course, my big night becomes a big mess," sighed Lucy.

"Lucy," a mature and womanly voice called out to her, "Congratulations."

Lucy turned towards the voice to meet Anna, a distant relative of hers from 400 years ago who shared a similar appearance with Lucy, but was sporting a light-blue dress.

"Hi Anna! Thank you!" Lucy smiled at her.

"I can't wait to see what else you'll be able to achieve. I believe you'll have more success in due time. I'm sure of it," replied Anna with a gentle voice.

"Haha... you really think so?" Feeling slightly embarrassed, Lucy scratched her cheek, only to be interrupted by Natsu sniffing rather loudly.

"Sniff sniff... oh hey," Natsu approached Lucy and Anna, "I figured there was someone here who smelled like Lucy. It makes me feel nice and relaxed!"