Chapter 46: Sky and Fire

"SKY FIRE DRAGON MODE."

Natsu's body emitted both flames and high pressure winds. Fusing with the winds, his flames appeared a blue hue. He stared at his hand, noticing the light blue marks stretching over his entire arm. The mark... is this... Wendy's power flowing through me?

A tentacle soared above and honed on him, intending to smash him to the ground.

Looking at the tentacle, Natsu clenched his fists, imbuing it with sky and fire magic. Let's test this out!

"FLAME LOTUS: SKY FIRE DRAGON FIST!" Natsu unleashed a flurry of strikes, his fire magic burning the tentacle while his sky magic slicing and dicing it with razor sharp winds. He turned around and launched elemental projectiles above Erza and Wendy, taking out another tentacle.

Erza and Wendy watch this unexpected development from a distance. Erza had a smile on her face, while Wendy was left slack-jawed.

"He exhausted his own magic so he could take in the winds." Erza crossed her arms. "Natsu's one of a kind."

"He... ate the winds?!" Wendy's eyes widened. Natsu had eaten quite a few elements. With the exception of Laxus's lightning, he couldn't maintain the other elements for long periods as they were incompatible with his body. But it couldn't be mistaken. The magic fusing with his flames now was... sky dragon magic. The very same magic Wendy uses yet he didn't consume her sky magic. But his mark... she finally noticed it was glowing and spreading across his body. This made her look at her own mark. It's... glowing too?

Natsu had faced a similar situation in Tenrou Island when he fought Zancrow, the Flame God Slayer. Natsu was put at a disadvantage because Zancrow could consume his dragon flames and Natsu couldn't eat his. In a critical moment, he found out he could consume his god flames only if he exhausted his own flames first. Did he exhaust his own magic as a countermeasure?

"I believe it must have something to do with your mark, Wendy." Erza motioned to her neck. "Natsu could only absorb the winds because of you."

"Because of... me?" Wendy rubbed over her neck, feeling a familiar warmth. Did the mark allow Natsu to access her sky dragon magic?

"Erza! Wendy!" Natsu rushed to them. "I'm glad you're both alright!"

"Natsu!" Wendy ran and hugged him, glad to feel his warmth. "You made me so worried...!"

"I don't go down that easily!" Natsu grinned, showing off his mark. "Look, I'm a Sky Fire Dragon now!"

Wendy traced the mark on his hands up to his eyes. Sky Fire Dragon... she'd never thought becoming mates would lead to this.

"We've got a battle to finish, you two." Erza walked towards the ocean. "You can be all lovey-dovey you want after we finish our business here."

"We are not being lovey-dovey!" Wendy pouted and struck her fists down, a blush creeping across her cheeks.

"But of course." Erza flashed a smirk before turning around and rushing towards the kraken.

"You alright, Wendy?" Natsu looked at the bruises and injuries on her skin, concerned.

"I'll be fine." Placing her palms on herself, she poured healing magic to heal her wounds. I'll just heal myself real quick...

I wonder if I can use healing magic. Natsu stared at his palms. He only knew how to use offensive magic, so he had doubts.

"Let's rejoin the fight, Natsu." Wendy said after healing herself. "Let's... stick together, okay?"

"Hell yeah, Wendy." Natsu grinned, turning to the kraken.