Chapter 10: Conflicted.

The Sun rose over the horizon, informing the world it was time for a brand new day to commence. It's been a day since Team Natsu arrived from the mission (mostly) safe and sound. A certain individual residing in the Fairy Hills dormitory woke up quite early in response to the Sun's light shining through her window, brimming with purpose and confidence.

Having noticed her dragon slayer already wide awake, the white Exceed raised her head out of the blanket. "Looks like somebody's quite eager to start the day." Carla stretched out her paws and yawned.

"Good morning, Carla!" Wendy greeted her brightly, removing the blanket from her body.

"Good morning, Wendy. How was your sleep?"

"It was nice. My leg's feeling a lot better. I should be able to walk normally now at least." Wendy stretched out her left leg and wiggled it around. Yep, way better!

"Good to hear that." Carla jumped from the bed on to the floor. "Let's take a bath together, shall we?"

"Yeah!" Wendy nodded. She was quite in a good mood today. She was going to ask a certain dragon slayer to go out with her to the Harvest Festival. She's never woken up feeling so excited and ecstatic before!

Nothing was going to ruin her mood.

Right...?

...

..

.

Wendy and Carla had left the dormitory after taking their bath. Wendy was donning a red, long-sleeved top having two buttons in the center, an ascot, and an orange ribbon around her neck. She wore a black, frilled skirt with a white small trim running around right above the end. She also wore black socks that reached up to her thighs. She wore the same red, animal ear-like attachments that tied her hair into twin tails.

Wendy was cheerfully humming to herself, practically skipping her way towards the Fairy Tail guild.

"You're really in a good mood today." Walking beside her, Carla observed her unusual demeanor.

"Of course I am!" Wendy exclaimed gleefully as she increased the bounce in her movements.

"So that's what love does to you, eh?" Carla said in a teasing tone, raising her eyebrows twice.

Wendy slowed down her pace, a faint blush appearing on her face. "W-Well..." She looked off to the sidewalk.

Just yesterday, she openly acknowledged her feelings. More accurately, she was forced to face them due to an relentless Carla who mercilessly drove her into a corner. Having the support of both Carla and Erza helped boost her confidence in her own feelings. She felt liberated, realizing her feelings, as if nothing could stop her now.

"Don't mind me." Carla waved a paw to dismiss herself. "It's amusing seeing this new side of you."

"I-Is that so?" Wendy nervously rubbed the back of her head. She was feeling a little self-conscious about her feelings now.

Soon, the dragon slayer and her Exceed were in front of the gates of their guild, Fairy Tail. Wendy stood still for a moment, gazing at the door handle. Once she opened the door, she would find the man she's fallen for and ask him out. She took a deep breath and let it out to calm her nerves. Carla simply smirked at her behavior.

Let's do this! Wendy mentally encouraged herself. She pushed both the doors wide open, expecting the typical morning brawls to ensue. And it was....

Peaceful.

"Huh?" Wendy looked around the guildhall. Its residents were simply sitting, chatting with one another, and having drinks together. No bodies were launched away. No explosions were taking place. No signs of aggression involved.